Sd card won’t engage

Reaction score
Hi all
I have had my phantom 4 for just over a year and have an increasing problem with getting the sd card to stay in the aircraft. The spring is good and pings the card over the floor but the catch mechanism isn’t working. Not sure if it’s the sd card being slightly worn or whether the mechanism is at fault. It’s really annoying and yet I got it to engage on one card after trying for a whole hour. (Which included 15 mins crawling around the floor trying to find the bloody thing). I have resorted to taking off the casing but I am loath to unclasp the ribbon from the camera as I know how delicate they are.
Ant suggestions? Or spellcheck avoided any suggestions?

Ant suggestions?
Try a different memory card to see if the same thing happens. That'll rule out the memory card as the cause.

Try a different memory card to see if the same thing happens. That'll rule out the memory card as the cause.
I have 5 and they are all the same. My last chance would be to buy another and try that but I was hoping someone might have a solution from having the same problem?

I've never seen anyone fix this problem. They all end up sending their Phantoms into DJI to be repaired. If you'd like to do that, you can get that process started here.

That will be two repairs in 4 months. I don’t do a lot of flying. I am now rather annoyed

9B5E3543-9496-4D2F-9333-C2A1A9182B24.jpeg
Mashed some paper in and it’s recording fine. Chinese engineering was always inferior to British ingenuity!

Reactions: LenC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94