San Antonio?

Hello.. future phantom pilot from San Antonio here. I have mine on order and it should be shipped in the next two weeks. I've got it tricked out ;p Cant wait to fly it. Do you already have one? I'd love to see this baby live before it gets here.

Pieced it together, Phantom 2 I bought at Hobby Town in South Austin, the Zenmuse from Amazon, and I drove up to Liberty Hill and bought the FPV parts from UAVdirect. The tech there was a lot of help, and provided me with all the heat shrink tubing, some solder, and detailed instructions on how to install it all myself.

I bought mine from dslrpros and can't wait for it to be shipped. I havent even heard of uavdirect ill have to check it out. How quickly did you get comfortable flying it ? I would love to see one in action in the next week if you you'd like to show it off.

I'm still timid with it, and will probably remain so. Always go through all the steps, do my best to keep the craft's orientation with the back to me. I fly boxes, and have been practicing various manuever's to allow me to get the best results from the video, as I wish to use it as a tool for my business. PM me and I'll share my contact info, you're more than welcome to come out and fly mine so you'll have a good idea of what to expect.

FRS said:
Hello.. future phantom pilot from San Antonio here. I have mine on order and it should be shipped in the next two weeks. I've got it tricked out ;p Cant wait to fly it. Do you already have one? I'd love to see this baby live before it gets here.

I returned a PV2 before opening it. Once my account is credited I am thinking of getting the vision plus.

skypup71 said:
FRS said:

I returned a PV2 before opening it. Once my account is credited I am thinking of getting the vision plus.

I'm thinking of adding the vision + to my fleet, also contemplating building either a hex or octo, as I have heavier cameras that I believe would take awesome photos and video.

San Antonio here. I fly a Phantom 2 vision plus. Only had it for a couple of weeks so I have only flown it at the park until I get real comfortable. I have been flying in "phantom vision" mode only. This weekend I plan to change it to NAZA-M mode for the first time now that I feel that I am ready to use the S1 and S2 toggles responsibly.

vjdave,

I get mine shipped in on monday. I'll have a p2 sundance kit from DSLRpros. If you go out this weekend you think I can meet up with you and see a phantom fly live? I am super nervous to even unbox mine lol.. scared I'll be one of those noobs that crashes on the first flight. I am on the north side what about you?

FRS said:
vjdave,

I get mine shipped in on monday. I'll have a p2 sundance kit from DSLRpros. If you go out this weekend you think I can meet up with you and see a phantom fly live? I am super nervous to even unbox mine lol.. scared I'll be one of those noobs that crashes on the first flight. I am on the north side what about you?

I have only had 3 flights so far on mine. One flight a weekend for the last 3 weekends. Today I flew in NAZA-M mode for the first time ever and it was very windy today so it was a learning curve for sure! If I helped you it would be the blind leading the blind! Just make sure take time to do all your calibrations for sure :)

Well my first two flights.. one straight into the ground and hit my props(which are safed) then my next flight AT NIGHT (WTF was I thinking) straight into my neighbors tree.. knocked the gimbal off so hope that will go back on pretty easy. It was only at like 5 feet when it dropped. How does the gimbal install work? It seems like the rubber stoppers do something but then do you need a rod of some sort to attach it ?

FRS said:
Well my first two flights.. one straight into the ground and hit my props(which are safed) then my next flight AT NIGHT (WTF was I thinking) straight into my neighbors tree.. knocked the gimbal off so hope that will go back on pretty easy. It was only at like 5 feet when it dropped. How does the gimbal install work? It seems like the rubber stoppers do something but then do you need a rod of some sort to attach it ?

Don't know because I never had to install the gimbal since I haven't luckily had it come off.

jaysan said:
Errr day mayne

I hoped to find some extra parts from you guys .

I just got mine so no extra parts here. I just bought 2 additional batteries for mine (Now I have 4 batteries) and an extra charger so I can charge two batteries at the same time. Signed up for the beta test of the WI-FI FPV booster for Android devices. I really hope I get picked to test it because I don't get much range on video and would love to fix that :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT