Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8+ compatibility

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm relatively new to the forum but have been flying a P3S since Christmas...so about 30 flights.

I currently fly my drone using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have also flown using my sons Galaxy S7 Active. It seems that the S7 Active has better communications with the controller than the S5 I use regularly.

I am now at a crossroads. I need to replace my well worn S5. I have a question concerning compatible devices. I've read the compatibility lists and the forum quite a bit and have noted some discussion concerning the S7 and a loss of communications but have never experienced this problem while using my sons S7 Active. I'd like to get the latest device that works...S7 or S8.

The question is: Does anyone have any experience flying with the new Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus? If so what are you thoughts/experiences?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Well heres an update to my post. Since this was posted I have purchased and flown my P3S with the new Galaxy 8+. The bigger screen sold me on the 8+...about an inch longer and roughly the same width an the S5, the resolution is better and brighter. The only issue I had was getting the maps going. I ended up plugging the phone and flight controller together via usb and voila I had maps. All app functions work as they should. I have flown it 3 times and so far no problems.

Thanks for this I am going to give mine a try later today if the rain stops. I am currently using the Nexus 7 (flo) tablet and it constantly pixelates and losses signal more often then I would like and at relatively short distances. I prefer a tablet sized screen but if my s8+ works better then this tablet I will use that. Sadly, it appears DJI prefers Apple over Android but I am not an Apple guy and am not about to drop a bunch of cash on an iPad just for flying.

Reactions: kankankee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan