Sad Phantom

Reaction score
sad-phantom.jpg

landed in a few inches of water, doesn't seem to work anymore, its been dried :/ bah bad mistake on my part..

Fly out of my site while doing turns, switched to home lock but instead of pulling back on the pitch, i pulled down on the throttle, and well.. :/

oh my. That sucks!
Hopefully someone on here will have some suggestions to help salvage.

I'm sorry, but I have to say that it's kind of funny that you stopped to take a picture of this.

Speedy recovery!

OI Photography said:
That's number 1 on my list of "mistakes I know I'm going to make someday" :D

I kind of do it now already. Not necessarily home lock, but just hitting down on the left stick when I mean to do it on the right.

What's so humiliating about this picture is that while the GoPro is a gonner for sure, it looks like there's at least hope for the P2 to survive.

poostik said:
OI Photography said:
That's number 1 on my list of "mistakes I know I'm going to make someday" :D

I kind of do it now already. Not necessarily home lock, but just hitting down on the left stick when I mean to do it on the right.

What's so humiliating about this picture is that while the GoPro is a gonner for sure, it looks like there's at least hope for the P2 to survive.

lol oh yeah I definitely tap the wrong stick sometimes...I just know it's going to lead to an unintended landing sometime when I was intending to bring it home via HL :D

Basically its saying "Not DJI Intelligent Battery" in the RC Assist, and you can see from this screenshot that well it doesn't recognize all the chips on the board anymore http://grab.by/w2fe

guess lesson learned, I plan to take it to a shop tomorrow but we will see, luckily I had taken off the gopro last weekend in order to put the new H3-3D which I didnt get time to yesterday..

Ok semi good news this morning, after letting it sit for about 15 hours and before I ordered a new one I thought I would try to see if she came alive.

Using my extra battery and plugging things in the normal lights and sound came up, which it did before but this time after that process where lights where on they finally started to show up and blink, and a good news it wasn't solid red. So reflashed all the firmware again and calibrated my Tx at lunch ill take it out and see if she actually flys.

Steve,

Laughing with you, not at you. I put my first P1 into the Sea of Cortez in December doing exactly what you did. I was filming two snorkelers, flying from outside them in toward them, then to the beach, at ~3' above the water. Paused just outside them to catch one of them going fins up, diving, then when I went to resume flight path toward beach, I pulled left stick back instead of right. Bounced GoPro off one of the divers, totally immersing the P1 in salt water briefly, though somehow it kept flying. After ~5 seconds, presumably once the salt water hit the electronics, it stopped listening to me altogether, and headed out to sea. Miraculously, a separate group found it an hour later in 12' of water, and I was able to recover two days of filming on the microSD card, which for a few hours I thought was a complete goner. Suicide averted, footage recovered, $500 reward paid to recovery diver, and P1, H3-2D, GP, all toast.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Steve,

Laughing with you, not at you. I put my first P1 into the Sea of Cortez in December doing exactly what you did. I was filming two snorkelers, flying from outside them in toward them, then to the beach, at ~3' above the water. Paused just outside them to catch one of them going fins up, diving, then when I went to resume flight path toward beach, I pulled left stick back instead of right. Bounced GoPro off one of the divers, totally immersing the P1 in salt water briefly, though somehow it kept flying. After ~5 seconds, presumably once the salt water hit the electronics, it stopped listening to me altogether, and headed out to sea. Miraculously, a separate group found it an hour later in 12' of water, and I was able to recover two days of filming on the microSD card, which for a few hours I thought was a complete goner. Suicide averted, footage recovered, $500 reward paid to recovery diver, and P1, H3-2D, GP, all toast.

Kelly

Ack! yea.. glad you got your footage at least thats is pretty water proof.

So while I thought it was back to life it wont fly or anything so well I decided to get another phantom 2 :/ Hard lesson learned with Home Lock.

Anyone know where I can find a Phantom 2 motherboard, i might try to replace the broken one and see if it comes back to life when I have time.

Update: Ok today it decided to get past the power up sequence and do a slow blink of yellow, which after looking around seems to be associated with the compass. Since this was in the water this makes sense, I just wasn't sure if it was completely fried. It wouldnt go into calibration mode by flipping the Tx switch back and forth, so I remember reading about the magnet trick where you use a magnet to I guess demagnetize the compass. So I had an old car speaker laying around and tested that.. this seemed to let me put it into calibration mode again which I did but now im seeing a bit of wobble and drifting to the right, I have a video where I brought it back to me after about 10 min of flying and filmed it with my iphone it was kinda all of the place and I notice that it tilts to its left a tiny bit and a bit of wobble. I will try some fresh props, and re-calibrate the IMU but any other advice. See the video here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LOefrU9670[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel