RTH upgraded remote power loss & regain issue

Reaction score
hello...I own the Phantom 2 Vision + (semi-older unit purchased new last month) and have the new upgraded remote (just purchased via DJI)...I have run all the software and firmware updates available and set the RC to the upgraded remote option in the software program...unit seems to run great & love the new remote features, BUT had one issue...I ran the Phantom today and wanted to test the return to home fail-safe by turning off the remote power and seeing what it would do...it did initiate the return to home feature, and it showed it on screen (iphone)...but as it was descending I wanted to regain control, so I switched the remote power back on...it never gave me control again though, just kept descending and finally landed and kept saying control is lost on the app...with the old remote I was able to turn it off and back on, and regain control fairly quickly...I wasn't able to get control again until I turned the phantom completely off and back on again...any ideas on that?...

I submitted a ticket to DJI and they replied with a very sparse "You need to activate the function within the software. Please refer to your manual for instructions on how to do so."

...as far as I know I haven't changed any RTH features after the upgraded remote, it is set to go home and land...not sure where to look for this as I don't remember this topic, pretty sure I read somewhere that when power is restored it would reconnect...seems very odd that it wouldn't automatically re-establish communication as it did before...would appreciate any thoughts my friends...thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing