RTH ISSUES

Reaction score
So I flew by the lake today and got 2600 ft away then I started losing wifi and then controller signal so I tried to engage return to home and got "Command timed out " so I then tried again with the same result so I tried pulling the right stick back and got it back into signal area, then tried RTH again and then it said " aircraft will land" so I cancelled and brought it back myself.Why didn't it just start to go to home position instead of trying to land in the water when I lost signals?All my settings are set to RTH so why didn't it try to come back ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I flew by the lake today and got 2600 ft away then I started losing wifi and then controller signal so I tried to engage return to home and got "Command timed out " so I then tried again with the same result so I tried pulling the right stick back and got it back into signal area, then tried RTH again and then it said " aircraft will land" so I cancelled and brought it back myself.Why didn't it just start to go to home position instead of trying to land in the water when I lost signals?All my settings are set to RTH so why didn't it try to come back ?
Checking the actual flight data goes a long way toward solving Phantom mysteries.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Ok, I'll try to figure it out tonight and upload it

I'm having a similar issue. I just got my P3A and testing it out on Beginner Mode. When i press RTH button....it will only land where it's currently hovering only. It will not land back where it started its' takeoff.

I'm having a similar issue. I just got my P3A and testing it out on Beginner Mode. When i press RTH button....it will only land where it's currently hovering only. It will not land back where it started its' takeoff.

It will automatically land if it's flying within 20m (65') of home point. I think that's yr case.

You may like to read this:

RTH: How It Works and What to Avoid

Look at the third point here:
i-jvbmdPb-L.jpg

While we are on the Rth subject If I am out say 2 miles and the dji go says aircraft disconnected, how does Rth communicate with AC? It always works for me for AC to come back. Is Rth function sending a super strong signal or what? Just been pondering about this!

Thanks guys. That's odd. Cuz the night before on my first launch/flight.....i was only circling above my front that is no more than 10' radius. And it landed back exactly where it took off. I'll read into those infos again and give it a try again tonight to try both within & out of 65' to see what happens. Thanks again.

Thanks guys. That's odd. Cuz the night before on my first launch/flight.....i was only circling above my front that is no more than 10' radius. And it landed back exactly where it took off. I'll read into those infos again and give it a try again tonight on both within & out of 65' to see what happens. Thanks again.

While we are on the Rth subject If I am out say 2 miles and the dji go says aircraft disconnected, how does Rth communicate with AC? It always works for me for AC to come back. Is Rth function sending a super strong signal or what? Just been pondering about this!

Look at the green connected light on the remote. If it is still green you have control and can send the RTH command with the button.
If the led is red then you have lost all signal and the AC will perform what ever action you have it set for.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

The aircraft is programmed to RTH when the signal is lost for 3 consecutive seconds... This is important. It will not RTH if you are at the edge of range and losing signal a second at a time... The signals must be lost for 3 consecutive seconds. (To answer your question, the command to RTH when a signal is lost is in the aircraft)

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Usually when I go out too far and RTH triggers I still have video. One time I lost video completely and the screen went grey. The light on the RC was red but AC simply would not return. She was 1200 feet out and my friends were able to see it moving with my joystick inputs, so I brought her back manually.

Short version: no RTH, had full control of AC, everything indicated no signal

I hope someone can tell me what happened I viewed the log and can't seem to understand why it wanted to land

Upload your log HERE
Then post a link back to this thread.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

You really should try and stick with the forum that matches your aircraft. This is the Phantom 3 Pro and Adv forum which consist of aircraft that are different from your P3 Standard. I was looking over your flight log and noticed differences from what I usually see which is when I realized I was looking at a different aircraft.

Also all the other members were most likely under the assumption it was a Pro or Adv as well. Some things are similar but not all things are the same.

I am not seeing anything wrong in your log.

At 4m8.7sec Go Home started. AC rose to 129.6ft and started RTH.
At 5m31sec Auto Landing started at 10.7ft from home.
at 5m36.2sec Auto Landing canceled

At 9m25s to 9m47s Downlink lost a couple times

At 10m10.2s Autolanding started and then canceled at 10m17.1s Why this?

Then you flew home and landed.

I just notice while write this that Frank posted this is in the wrong area for your craft.

The only odd thing is an autoland started and was cancel .5secs latter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl