RTH accuracy

Reaction score
I have flown my P3 many times all with excellent results. However lately the RTH accuracy has gotten way off. At same place in my yard. It was always 2 to 3 ft. Now it can be up to 15 ft. There has been no mods to the bird other then 2 firmware updates. Seems it started after the second to last update. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thank you in advanced.

Have same issue but only use rth to get close then manually land. Would not worry about it. This is on a P3P and also on my P3A.

GPS can vary that much at times. What you can try is set the app to display the GPS location. Compare that at takeoff to the coordinates you see when the aircraft returns and starts to land. It also depends on the number of satellites acquired at takeoff vs landing.

Reactions: ajyak
As philltayl says, I can confirm with the tests I did early in my 3A ownership, anything between 3 to 15 feet is right, but I think around 6 feet was about average. I was always stunned by its accuracy and I always made me smile. I don't bother with it anymore, as I tend to fly back in ATTI, just in case I need it following a compass / GPS issue.

If I lost a $1500 drone I would be ecstatic to have it return safely just 15 feet away! Personally, if I lose orientation I use homelock to bring it back to where I can see it.

I am old school... I always fly in manual mode... I never use the automated take off or rth... Manual mode is the best.

I have flown my P3 many times all with excellent results. However lately the RTH accuracy has gotten way off. At same place in my yard. It was always 2 to 3 ft. Now it can be up to 15 ft. There has been no mods to the bird other then 2 firmware updates. Seems it started after the second to last update. Has anyone else experienced this?
Consumer GPS accuracy is variable and could sometimes be 10-15 ft but usually would be closer.
There's no need to allow it to land for you though.
You can cancel RTH any time if you have a connection, resume control exactly where you choose.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews