Rookie needs help with atti

Well, I took it apart. Nothing looked disconnected, so I disconnected the antenna cable and reconnected. I did everything I think was possible. I still couldn't get any satellites to connect. I am not going to invest anymore money into this unit. I may get a refurb or used system.

In the meantime, I will add my .02 worth of attitude toward DJI Cust Svc: they suck. Not only is it extremely difficult to understand the people I spoke with because English is not their, at least the ones I talked to, primary language. With the money DJI China makes from the sale of all they make, one would think that helping their customer base would be a priority. It isn't.

Thanks for all your help here. I will be back shortly to post some success stories instead of this rookie crap.

Cheers,
Greg

Reactions: RodPad
Just in case you're confusing S1 & S2, the right hand switch should be in full up for "P" mode (GPS). I would leave the left hand switch in full up position also. That one is used to initiate "RTH" and for linking the remote. Not a good idea to take apart your drone if you are unfamiliar with how they go together. You could damage something and at the very least void your warranty on the recent repair. I've always communicated with DJI via email, never had a communication problem.

First let me vent just a little about DJI Customer Service....they suck.
Bought my drone Dec 15th 2016, I contacted them Dec 20th 2017 because drone stopped working. DJI refused covering drone repair since it was 5 days beyond 1 year mark. I ended up paying them $172 to get it fixed. Got the unit back in January 2018 but due to winter and illness was unable to fly until a few days ago. Worked fine, used 2 batteries. Recharged batteries then DJI Go would not get passed the "atti" part. I decided it wasn't worth risking flying when the warning on the app that it will not hover was too much. I contacted DJI Cust Svc. They need more agent that have English as their first language. They are difficult to understand.

So I have a $499 + $172 + ? The drone now acts as a real good door stop. What should I do to get this unit flying once again?

First let me vent just a little about DJI Customer Service....they suck.
Bought my drone Dec 15th 2016, I contacted them Dec 20th 2017 because drone stopped working. DJI refused covering drone repair since it was 5 days beyond 1 year mark. I ended up paying them $172 to get it fixed. Got the unit back in January 2018 but due to winter and illness was unable to fly until a few days ago. Worked fine, used 2 batteries. Recharged batteries then DJI Go would not get passed the "atti" part. I decided it wasn't worth risking flying when the warning on the app that it will not hover was too much. I contacted DJI Cust Svc. They need more agent that have English as their first language. They are difficult to understand.

So I have a $499 + $172 + ? The drone now acts as a real good door stop. What should I do to get this unit flying once again?
Chances are you’re drone is not picking up enough satellites to come out of attic mode try launching your drone from a different location at least 150-200 feet away from your usual launch location that might solve the problem.also make sure you have a strong WiFi connection to your iPhone.you can also check all the settings on the drone to make sure your not locked in attic mode good luck most likely it’s not something major.

Chances are you’re drone is not picking up enough satellites to come out of attic mode try launching your drone from a different location at least 150-200 feet away from your usual launch location that might solve the problem.also make sure you have a strong WiFi connection to your iPhone.you can also check all the settings on the drone to make sure your not locked in attic mode good luck most likely it’s not something major.

He actually had zero satellites, and the satellite icon was greyed out, which it generally isn't in any mode or before satellites are acquired. Also, if it were switched to ATTI the warning should have been "Flight mode set to ATTI". All that suggests a hardware problem.

Attic mode has a nice ring to it though.

I wonder if the OP calibrated the IMU upon receipt of his drone. A wonky out of cal. IMU can exhibit problems like this.

He actually had zero satellites, and the satellite icon was greyed out, which it generally isn't in any mode or before satellites are acquired. Also, if it were switched to ATTI the warning should have been "Flight mode set to ATTI". All that suggests a hardware problem.

Attic mode has a nice ring to it though.
That is funny with the attic mode,But every time I typed atti it added the c and made it attic I don’t know why it worked this time

I gave up on this and bought a used one from a friend of mine. Same model Phantom 3 standard. Everything works on this one. I'll keep the old one for spare parts I guess.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164