road trip with drone: FL-GA-NC / city restrictions

Reaction score
MiamiFL-JacksonvilleFL-MaconGA-AtlantaGA-AthensGA-AshevilleNC-CharlotteNC-AugustaGA-JacksonvilleFL-MiamiFL
taking off-the-Interstate local roads, towns, parks between above overnight stops 2-4 nights each;
besides using app which tells me I'm inside airport-prohibited-circle is there any way,
without time-consuming busywork-phoning etc., of determining if city prohibits drones
despite its downtown being outside airport circle...??? hope I made issue clear -- thanks in advance
(PS purpose of each flight is quick up to take aerial photos & then down again within 3 minutes)

Most FL county parks don't allow drones even if not posted. B4UFLY is pretty accurate otherwise. Google is helpful too. Some restricted areas still allow flight..with restrictions. I'm going to Panama City Beach again next week and limited to 200'. It's similar at other FL beaches as sightseeing and banner flights are supposed to be above that. A little research will give you the answers, but haven't seen an actual site.
I often fly at son's house Chattanooga, TN (within 5 mi of the airport) but again can fly to 200'. Just accept responsibility, when asked, then good to fly. All depends on airport classification as zones around them are different.
Enjoy your road trip..

thanks
live right on a FL beach
didn't know 200' limit was a thing
any other general scenarios nationwide where 200' is a thing?
may reset my max height from 100m to 50m...
forgot to mention, am hobbyist...

Last edited:
Download the Air Control app from Aloft (the big brother of the B4UFLY app) and it will let you know if it is safe to fly at the location you select (as far as airspace goes). If you need LAANC approval it allows you to submit the request right from the app. Most requests are approved within a few seconds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl