Rio Del Mar

Reaction score
I made this video with less than $600 in equipment and software (Phantom 1, SJ1000 camera, Windows Movie Maker, no gimbal, no FPV). It's not as artistic as many videos posted here, but for the money you can do quite a bit. I made this as a memento for the host and hostess, and I think they will enjoy it. I learn something new every video I make. This one is the first time I mixed audio tracks (shorebirds and music).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PRMEh2w9Ss[/youtube]

I did an interesting experiment. Since I don't have a gimbal or FPV, my video footage is shaky. For this reason in the above video I used a lot of stills with short video segments and used the zoom and pan features of my software to emulate movement with the stills. But now I have another tool. I took some of the same raw footage and edited together some of the segments that were relatively steady and uploaded it to YouTube, then used the stabilize function in the YT video editor. Then I downloaded it again and re-edited it after I could see which sections got sufficiently stabilized. I found that the YT editor did an OK job, but not great. It only works for relatively small movements. It can't eliminate a big jerk or swerve. It also significantly reduces the resolution when it stabilizes. So I am posting the second video - the one using some of the same raw footage as above - processed by the YT editor. I didn't put any captions on the original video because the stabilization processing would wreak havoc with those, but if I wanted I could do so with this one. It's a cumbersome process: edit, upload, edit, download, re-edit, re-upload, but it is an option for those unable or unwilling to spend the money on more expensive gear and software. My entire setup for hardware and software is less than $600.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLBBwxPtabE[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94