right joystick no spring back

Reaction score
took my p3a out of hardshell case yesterday for a quick flight and noticed right joystick has no spring tension,and will not return to center on its on..never dropped or mishandled.3 months old.anybody had a similar problem,solution?

Not exactly, but similar. My right command stick dropped away from the connection to the top of the controller and moved up and down in the case. Contacted DJI, they replaced the controller in about three weeks. Most of that time was shipping time. As it turned out for me, weather was mostly a problem to fly anyway so it was all good. Brand new controller arrived, I linked it to the P3P and went flying. You will have to sent to DJI for repair/replacement. No user servicable parts in the command sticks.

It's a steel spring inside that must have broke or come loose somehow. It is probably fixable if you're willing to spend the time.

Yea. It depends on your comfort with opening it up to see.
Your can see photos and vids of opening the case and what to expect.
Might be a simple fix.

Curious why some would suggest opening up the controller - that's under warranty - and risk having warranty refused because the RC was tampered with.

Last edited:
If tour RC is still in warranty send it back to DJI for service. Once you get it back , calibrate sticks again. In case you get a replacement, you will have to link to your P3 as well update its FW to match with rest.

Stick your name sticker on back before sending it to DJI I case you decide so.

Curious why some would suggest opening up the controller - that's under warranty - and risk not having warranty refused because the RC was tampered with.
If you have experience or simply a knack for fixing things you can probably remove a few screws and take a look. YouTube has lots of videos where you can learn.
You have to decide for yourself.
For example, I would never attempt to repair my car's transmission but I bet there's members here who could.

Curious why some would suggest opening up the controller - that's under warranty - and risk having warranty refused because the RC was tampered with.

Wait weeks, if not longer for the great DJI service center to possibly fix it under warranty.

Or spend 15 minutes doing it yourself and get back in the air the same day

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thanks all gonna probably send it back since it's only a few months old, gonna contact dji first thing tomorrow

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94