Right front red LED not working.

Reaction score
I hit a tree at about 30 feet & my P3 4K crashed to the ground falling through the outer branches. The battery popped out & one of the motor arms now has some slight fractures. I plugged the battery back in & it flies fine however one front red LED does not work.

I took the top shell off thinking I would see a cut wire or something. No such luck. Being the electrical genius then I am I was going to see if I could check the resistance from the main board to the LED board but that just made the LED light up. I have the LED board unmounted but dont see any obvious damage to it, the main board, wires or soldered connections.

Any ideas why it is not working or where to look next other than taking it to the shop.

Thanks for the link.

I could be wrong but from what I understand & have seen the front lights on the P3 are just red, rears show red/green/yellow. However all four LED boards look the same & are marked as being hooked up the same way on the main board, yellow, red, black.

I did not test the other boards but I can get the red & the yellow to light up on the non-working one. The green LED never came on assuming it has one like the rears.

It could be a cold solder joint somewhere. Can you check if you're getting DV volts at the point where the LED wires attach to the board when you turn the drone on??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan