resoldering phantoms battery socket xt60

Reaction score
After 3 months of regular flying i found that the Phantoms power cable plug joint became very flexible .. i open the phantom cut the power cables one cm shorder and re-solder the xt60 plug..... the ruber shrink insulator makes things worse as you see the cable being weak ... i used special adhesive heat shrink tubing .. and now plug looks and feels like new......

we are all some how pulling that cable one way or anothe to disconnect the battery soo its a good idea to inspect yours ...

manosmanoli said:
After 3 months of regular flying i found that the Phantoms power cable plug joint became very flexible .. i open the phantom cut the power cables one cm shorder and re-solder the xt60 plug..... the ruber shrink insulator makes things worse as you see the cable being weak ... i used special adhesive heat shrink tubing .. and now plug looks and feels like new......

we are all some how pulling that cable one way or anothe to disconnect the battery soo its a good idea to inspect yours ...

Very good point! I made sure that when I soldered the PMU v2 and Zenmuse GCU power cables to the Phantom I also Zip Tied the main battery cable to the main board so as to take the strain off of the solder joints.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl