Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Request - P2V Box Camera QR Code

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by dsiles, Mar 18, 2014.

1. dsiles

Hi all,

I have a Phantom FC40 and I purchased a DJI WiFi Extender. I know from reading now it doesn't look like it will work, but one last ditch effort is to see if I can generate the right encoded QR code to force setup. The problem is since I don't have a P2V camera setup or the QR code on the shipping box, I can't see what data is encoded in the QR code. I am assuming the MAC address is encoded in the QR code for finding the SSID in network scanning.

Would some be willing to support a quick hack sanity check send me or post a copy of their box QR code? I appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks,

Dave

2. AnselA

You are right, the QR code has the MAC address of the camera. But "my" P2V QR code is useless for you. And I don't want you to control my camera ;)

Do you know the MAC address of your camera?

3. mchad

4. gbshovel

Don't click these links unless you want your pc flooded with garbage installs !

5. myvrodrocks

My qr code is not only on the box but on the extender as well...

6. AnselA

Have you checked they are identical?

7. dsiles

Thanks everyone.. I appreciate the formatting.. I am going to test later today generating the mac address and see if I can get the extender to bind with a GoPro or FC40 camera.

I think I might have a good shot with the FC40 camera because the vendor id part of the MAC address is the same for DJI I believe across both the FC40 camera and the FC200 vision camera.

Thanks again!

8. AnselA

I have used Android app "WiFi Analyzer", it's easy to find the MAC addresses of the WiFi devices around. Hope your FC40 does not hide it.

9. GneeChee

+1 on this app. I use it quite frequently.

10. mchad

How do you figure?

11. dsiles

I got the MAC address for both the FC40 camera and for my GoPro. I should be receiving the Wifi extender tomorrow. I have generated URL based QR codes based on the input provided here. I will report back findings. I appreciate everyone's help.

Dave

12. Corey64

Dave,
    Any luck connecting you FC40 to the range extender? Just wondering how you made out. I bought an RE500 without doing too much research after reading someone's post on Amazon claiming they got theirs working with an FC40. I managed to generate a QR code and scan it into the DJI Vision app in the binding section and it accepted the SSID and MAC address but I cannot access the camera (camera icon is greyed out) from the main DJI Vision app page. Also the FC40 keeps shutting off after a couple of minutes.
    I would appreciate anyone else's observations on this.

Thanks,
    Corey.