Replaced the compass on my drone...It then caught fire!

Buy a refurb, eBay your parts to cut your losses.
Controller is still good though right?
Good advice lol! I sold the camera for $145 and the battery and charger for $70. I guess ill just buy a refurb

Obviously acquiring a new AC will likely prove the most economic way forward- would still be nice to learn how you managed to end up in this mess though.

I went on a vacation to Hawaii and got same amazing shots there but after I came back the drone was just collecting dust, so I decided to take it on a run over the forests near my house. That was successful but when I was landing it I took a swipe at the controller and it crashed sideways into a 4ft tall tree and it landed backwards with the motors still whirring and plastic wing chips over the grass. I got it to stop...then I put new wings on and went to test wether it still flew or not, but all I got were compass error messages so I went to calibrate it in a field. It wasn't working so then I checked the compass values and they were all 0 so I decided to go ahead and replace it a couple weeks later so I wouldn't have to throw away my money to DJI. That is how I *landed* (get it) in this predicament. Should've let the drone sit on the shelf tbh.

I see two spots that could have been an issue one is inside the small circle. I blew up the image and the two yellow wires appear to be bare copper showing possibly due to screw directly under them.
The next area is the compass cable looks like it was pinched
Img_4406.jpg

I see two spots that could have been an issue one is inside the small circle. I blew up the image and the two yellow wires appear to be bare copper showing possibly due to screw directly under them.
The next area is the compass cable looks like it was pinched View attachment 86911
You need a new board... Replacing one of these things is not going resolve anything... The entire motherboard is fried.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12