repairing someone's P4.. pics of the damage!

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 421
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 416
anyone else seen a busted up magnesium core before? this guy hit a building full force in sport mode o_O

Hope the kid has a job :) hehe

Ouch! I hope I never get to see the insides of mine that way. Please let us know how much the repairs cost. The shell motor mounts look well integrated in the motor. Pretty tuff shell to bend that way.

Hope the kid has a job :) hehe
he's using it to make a "music video" .. and it was paid for by the people who are making the music I think.. and he was expecting to have it back 6 days after dropping it off haha.. I was like "dude.. parts will likely be 10-14 days to arrive... not happening"

Ouch! I hope I never get to see the insides of mine that way. Please let us know how much the repairs cost. The shell motor mounts look well integrated in the motor. Pretty tuff shell to bend that way.
it's a bit tricky to open, but due to the damage his sustained it was extra difficult to open it, as I was worried the entire time I would cause more damage since the collision avoidance sensor's ribbon cable was right in the middle of the worst part of the impact. Luckily for him I gotta hold of this guy in Cali that has the magnesium core and the main board that he's giving to me for a good price.. plus I'm buying a new shell ($80CDN), landing gear ($35CDN), screw set ($12CDN) and I have a new motor I can sell him for what I paid.. all in he's dishing out $400CDN approximately in parts, coulda been $300 more if all parts were new, plus my total labour will likely be between $400-$500 since I have to de-solder all the motors and one led light, re-solder them after installing them in the new shell, and basically rebuild his bird from the ground up, every last piece of the electronics needs to be removed from the core and installed on the new (used) one. it's surprisingly pretty straight forward too. If I had a nice white desk and camera stand I woulda made a video for everyone to see.

Reactions: Richard in ky

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl