Removal of 30fps option with latest DJI GO update?

Reaction score
It seems like the 30fps and 60fps option for the video mode has been removed... I can't seem to find them in the option. I do t have my bird connected so I can't be sure if this is a permanent change.

I think you may need to have your bird connected in order to access some of the manual camera settings.

After any update random things seem to sometimes revert to default, and it's worth going through anything you changed previously.
Some settings seem stored in the phantom and when fully connected next time, the app will read them and change itself.
The settings you mention not available are related to PAL and NTFS selection.
You can use either unless you are playing directly to an older TV.

The video resolution and framerate are stored on the P3. It saves the last mode you set in the app on the bird. The Phantom will shoot video and photos without a tablet or phone connected by using the buttons on the remote controller. It shoots in whatever mode you set in the app the last time you had it connected.

You can also adjust the gimbal angle with the wheel on the remote without a device connected, though the C1/C2 buttons don't appear to do anything.

You do have to be connected to the bird to see all the video options available.

What video resolution are you set on? Can you even get 60fps on 4k?
Maybe needs to be at 1080p?

Come on, if you are going to say something so silly you should put in a smiley or something. The P3P is never going above 30fps with 4k.
It's beyond my pay grade to know if the software is fibbin' me. I have no idea what the real fps rate is, but I know what I can set it to be. There is certainly a difference between recording at 30fps and recording at 60fps. This flight this morning was recorded with a SETTING of 60fps in 4K:

It's beyond my pay grade to know if the software is fibbin' me. I have no idea what the real fps rate is, but I know what I can set it to be. There is certainly a difference between recording at 30fps and recording at 60fps. This flight this morning was recorded with a SETTING of 60fps in 4K:
I think you might be confusing shutter speed and frame rate. They are related, but not the same.

I think you might be confusing shutter speed and frame rate. They are related, but not the same.
You are correct. That's exactly the mistake I was making. 4K is 24 fps at 4096x2160, and a choice of 24fps or 30fps at 3840x2160.

Sorry 'bout dat! Yes, I was completely confusing frame rate with shutter speed.

You are correct. That's exactly the mistake I was making. 4K is 24 fps at 4096x2160, and a choice of 24fps or 30fps at 3840x2160.

Sorry 'bout dat! Yes, I was completely confusing frame rate with shutter speed.

I thought you were making a joke. A 1000 FPS 4K camera goes for about $110K...

Um, yeah, that's the ticket! I was making a joke!

What would I most like to see on the Phantom camera? A little bit of quality zoom capability.
Not happy with digital zoom? Me neither! Optical zoom is the way to go, but requires significantly more weight due to the extra glass needed. 4/3 sensors are in our future, but are just now reaching the Inspire! A fixed 150mm equivalent telephoto lens adapter for the P3P has already been created. Check it out! The photo is misleading, but it is a true telephoto lens based upon a 7.5 crop factor, using a real 20mm lens designed for a 1/2 inch sensor.

Last edited:
Reactions: ELHEAPO
Not happy with digital zoom? Me neither! Optical zoom is the way to go, but requires significantly more weight due to the extra glass needed. 4/3 sensors are in our future, but are just now reaching the Inspire!
Even my FC40 has digital zoom (very low quality) with the cute little included camera, which was basically a free throw-in at the time since the FC40 was so close in price to a Phantom 1 with no camera. (Geez, I haven't flown my FC40 for over a year and half... I ought to see if the smartphone software still works.)

Although the resolution of the P3 camera is good enough that I think it would produce decent video with a 2x or 3x digital zoom, no digital zoom is incorporated.

Naturally, with the nice quality of still shots from the P3, photos can be blown up and cropped, producing an after-the-fact digital zoom effect.

If I've added any additional stupid or wrong statements about photography, it is not intentional. I am a photograph and video enthusiast but I know bupkus.

Is there maybe a passable magnifying (macro, right?) lens that anyone makes for any of the Phantom 3 models?

Even my FC40 has digital zoom (very low quality) with the cute little included camera, which was basically a free throw-in at the time since the FC40 was so close in price to a Phantom 1 with no camera. (Geez, I haven't flown my FC40 for over a year and half... I ought to see if the smartphone software still works.)

Although the resolution of the P3 camera is good enough that I think it would produce decent video with a 2x or 3x digital zoom, no digital zoom is incorporated.

Naturally, with the nice quality of still shots from the P3, photos can be blown up and cropped, producing an after-the-fact digital zoom effect.

If I've added any additional stupid or wrong statements about photography, it is not intentional. I am a photograph and video enthusiast but I know bupkus.

Is there maybe a passable magnifying (macro, right?) lens that anyone makes for any of the Phantom 3 models?
Digital zoom is just throwing away pixels, and blowing up the center of the crop to fill the same frame. No different than cropping after the fact. Not quite sure how the guy in the video did his telephoto conversion of the P3 camera.. He doesn't show how the 20mm lens was mounted onto the existing camera. Macro lenses are for closeup magnification of 1:1 or greater of tiny objects, so, no, not macro, but telephoto is what we seek. Aftermarket lenses are made to mount over tiny iPhone camera lenses to achieve telephoto capability, so I am sure something similar could be done for the P3 camera, as long as there was a counterweight to keep the gimbal balanced. I'd buy one!

Reactions: Bigbells

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl