Reduced flying altitude

Reaction score
So an interesting thing took place today. I was flying in the mountains with my P4P. The terrain was very rocky as you would expect And we were high up in elevation but at the bottom of a very Steep Valley With mountains many kilometres tall all around us. Our first flight went well and we went to our maximum attainable altitude and shot some amazing glacial footage. However on our second flight we could only attain a maximum altitude of 30 m. This despite rebooting several times, checking and rechecking max altitude settings and just for kicks and giggles we even tried a Mavic Air we brought along with the same result. I’ve never experienced this before, wondering if anyone has and how they remedied this. Interestingly When we got back to camp I brought the P4P out again and had no altitude issues whatsoever.

So an interesting thing took place today. I was flying in the mountains with my P4P. The terrain was very rocky as you would expect And we were high up in elevation but at the bottom of a very Steep Valley With mountains many kilometres tall all around us. Our first flight went well and we went to our maximum attainable altitude and shot some amazing glacial footage. However on our second flight we could only attain a maximum altitude of 30 m. This despite rebooting several times, checking and rechecking max altitude settings and just for kicks and giggles we even tried a Mavic Air we brought along with the same result. I’ve never experienced this before, wondering if anyone has and how they remedied this. Interestingly When we got back to camp I brought the P4P out again and had no altitude issues whatsoever.
Did you have good GPS coverage?
Your altitude will be restricted in atti mode.
If you did have GPS, looking at the recorded flight data should show what the issue was.

Hmm ...GPS was spotty, that’s a good point!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT