Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Red solid camera LED

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Victor Cuadra, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Victor Cuadra

Hi, I have a problem with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3.0

The problem is: when I turn on the Phantom, the camera LED no blinks and only show a solid red light and no image or telemetry on the phone.
    • The drone and the gimbal works fine.
    • tried with different SD card and have applied all updates except this FC200_firmware_v1.3.0g because I can’t. I tried the corresponding procedure but does not work.
    • I use the 1.0.58 DJI VISION app in at last two mobile device and DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.

I applied all firmware updates (excludingcamera):

Main controller: 3.14
    P330CB: 1.0.2.10
    Zen IMU: 1.0.0.6

I have not flown with the phantom 2 vision plus, this is completely new yet.

Someone has been able to solve a similar issue without having sent the phantom to DJI?

134218dos.jpg

2. RoyVa

First check the three plugs on the gimbal and make sure they are all plunged in and tight. What happens when you try to update the firmware on the camera. Did you put the file on a blank SD card and rename the file xxxx.bin as The text file says. Then insert the card in the camera and power up the Phantom. It should read the file and upgrade itself and then the light turns green upon completion. You have to be exact. If you are sure you are following the procedure and it still doesn't work it's call support time.

3. Victor Cuadra

Plugs are OK, but I will disassemble the camera to be sure. When I try to update nothing happens, the red LED mantine and unchanging. Of course I follow the procedure as described DJI.

4. RoyVa

You don't see any scrapes or cracks in the camera ribbon cable do you?

5. hunch

it's your cable.. trust me, went through 400+ gimbals and the cable needs to be replaced.

Victor Cuadra likes this.
  6. Victor Cuadra

I going to double check the ribon cable.

7. freak42

Hey Victor..

I seem to have exactly the same issue as you have (after replacing the ribbon cable..)

Where you ever able to resolve the issue?