Real Estate Vid. Getting the hang of it

Reaction score
Just finished my fourth real estate video, and I feel like I'm getting a good formula down for what my customers are asking. This one was a though one because of a time crunch mixed with bad weather. The only time I could come out was during the late afternoon, and of course the house was facing East so my Phantom was getting all sorts of light. I did the best I could do, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Comments welcome!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: PStar
Looks good. Are you the listing agent, or were you hired for the job?

Have you considered a low level, half orbit shot around the home? Trees might have been an issue in this instance.

Looks good. Are you the listing agent, or were you hired for the job?

Have you considered a low level, half orbit shot around the home? Trees might have been an issue in this instance.

I was hired by the listing agent for this job. I love the low orbits, but the lot was narrow and too many obstacles for my taste. Thanks!

I think it's very well done. Well shot and well edited. If I HAD to do a critique, I'd only change two things:

First, I wouldn't say, "...To make this property home". I'd say, "...To make this property YOUR home". Two reasons for this: 1. I think it's clearer. When I first saw that line it took me a few seconds to figure out exactly what you meant (maybe I'm just an idiot, who knows?). Remember, you're dealing with the "general public" here. You have to be exceedingly clear with what you mean. 2. It makes it more personal.

The second thing I'd change is the price. Always add the dollar sign. In other words, not "279,900" but "$279,900". Yes, everyone KNOWS what you mean but it should be very clear and in line with convention. I know this may seem nitpicky (and it is) but the more professional your video looks, the better. When showing your reel to potential clients, it COULD make the difference between "When can you shoot this?" and "Thanks. We'll give you a call." Some potential clients would never notice but you might lose a lucrative one if the person responsible for hiring you is a nitpicky b**tard like me. ;).

I think it's very well done. Well shot and well edited. If I HAD to do a critique, I'd only change two things:

First, I wouldn't say, "...To make this property home". I'd say, "...To make this property YOUR home". Two reasons for this: 1. I think it's clearer. When I first saw that line it took me a few seconds to figure out exactly what you meant (maybe I'm just an idiot, who knows?). Remember, you're dealing with the "general public" here. You have to be exceedingly clear with what you mean. 2. It makes it more personal.

The second thing I'd change is the price. Always add the dollar sign. In other words, not "279,900" but "$279,900". Yes, everyone KNOWS what you mean but it should be very clear and in line with convention. I know this may seem nitpicky (and it is) but the more professional your video looks, the better. When showing your reel to potential clients, it COULD make the difference between "When can you shoot this?" and "Thanks. We'll give you a call." Some potential clients would never notice but you might lose a lucrative one if the person responsible for hiring you is a nitpicky b**tard like me. ;).

Thanks for the tips and attention to detail! I appreciate any and all critique because it at the very least makes me analyze my own decisions and of course make improvements.

Reactions: Pharm
I like it a lot .... Very smoth. I did hire you.

In my experience watching the video when it changed views at high altitude I got desoriented for a few sec and wasn't sure wish one was the house . Maybe have that in mind specially for older people that get desoriented easy. Not much you can do maybe try your best to keep her in the middle of the shot in the beginning of the view change and then move along ...
That's my observation for improvement , for someone out it may not be that way :)

Reactions: jofus
I like it a lot .... Very smoth. I did hire you.

In my experience watching the video when it changed views at high altitude I got desoriented for a few sec and wasn't sure wish one was the house . Maybe have that in mind specially for older people that get desoriented easy. Not much you can do maybe try your best to keep her in the middle of the shot in the beginning of the view change and then move along ...
That's my observation for improvement , for someone out it may not be that way :)

Thanks! I may have been able to segue into that overhead shot better for context.

On another note the owners apparently had the house on the market before with a different agent before they changed agents. This time around house went under contract in 4 days after listing. Not sure how big a role I played in that, but I like to think I helped!

I'm sure it makes a difference, as a buyer if you see they took the time and $ for a video this nice, they must have taken care of any other issue ..... lol make you feel that way...

Any chance you share and estimated cost you charge for something like that ? I have 2 contracts coming up of just pictures and I like to find the time to get into videos but still learning ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan