RC won't connect to iphone after firmware update

Reaction score
I recently brought my phantom 3 advanced out for the first time since last fall. I charged everything up and it was working. There was a message that said it required a RC firmware update so I did the update. Since then my controller no longer connects to my phone. Nothing has changed except for the firmware. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware other then the in app solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you're an electronic engineer, just buy a new one and never update again.

EDIT: One thing you can do is to turn it on and off a few times, keep it on like a minute. If there is DaVinci processor in your RC, this may fix it.

There was a message that said it required a RC firmware update so I did the update.
Did you also update the aircraft firmware? The RC and AC versions must match. Not necessarily number wise, but version wise. Otherwise you cannot connect to the aircraft.

Shouldn't his phone still connect to his RC? I think it should.

@Tdnagy,
Welcome to the Forum!

What method did you use to update the firmware?

Are you getting a connection between the Rc and the Phantom, green lights on both?

Rod

Shouldn't his phone still connect to his RC? I think it should.
Yes, that was an assumption on my part. The display would say "Disconnected". So with only what the OP said, that's all I could go by.

The rc still connects to the phantom. The lights turn green and I can move the camera. When I plug my phone into the controller it doesn't bring up the camera view option only shows "how to connect".

My Phantom3 Advanced did the exact same thing this past week. I hadn't flown in a few months and I updated the Drone first with the .bin provided on the DJI website. I then turned on the controller and The DJI go app and it said that the controller needed to be updated. I updated the controller, which looked like it was all ok, and now My IPhone 7 plus won't connect the controller. Almost acts like the usb on the RC is not on or something. I have talked several times to DJI with their basic over the phone diagnostics and still no help. FYI the controller and Drone did not talk at first until I did a relink. This has never happened with any other updates. Any help would be awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka