RC unit not updating to 1.2.8 from 1.1.5

bobmyers:
-
Thank you for taking the time addressing this "fubar" issue - much appreciated.
Up, up, and away !
-
David

Sure hope DJI reads these threads. It's obviously a widespread problem (or is it?) with the copter updating but the RC not updating. Although some people are getting the update. They need to release a more stable and consistent firmware. I sure hope they do it soon as I am reluctant to take this thing for its first flight. Just sitting on my desk staring at me.

DJI, care to release any info on this topic?

Still tossing around the idea of throwing this all back in the box and returning it as I have only had it 24 hrs.

You're a vendor? And going in and updating firmwares on phantoms before delivery to customers?

Yes, I run Drones Toronto in Toronto, Canada. I don't post under that id as I don't want to appear I am advertising etc.. We service and sell professional grade UAV's of all types. We only open boxes and prep machines if the customers request this. In most cases customers welcome this value added service. They appreciate picking up machines that are truly ready to fly, including fully charged batteries, repeaters, etc.. We also spend at least half an hour or an hour with each client and familiarize them with the equipment, app and initial flight training. Our goal is to provide personalized service and ensure responsible, confidant UAV pilots instead of just pushing a box across the counter and saying good luck.

Reactions: Bigfoot_Hunter
as per other forums and threads - if TX model is newer 300B version (sticker on bottom side) then firmware upgrade will not happen until newer fw is released, should be safe to fly anyway
Hi, can you elaborate where you found this information and is it really safe to fly or is 'should be safe to fly your assumption'? I have made the same assumption and indeed the machines do appear to function and fly as intended but I am still nervous about releasing the units to people. I have given up on hold with DJI several times due to busy schedule and have not been able to confirm with them.

Hi Guys:
-
Here’s the scoop …
-
1.) Brand new, NEVER flown, new Phantom 3 Pro purchased from authorized dealer B&H in New York.
2.) Set everything up and got a “firmware update required”.
3.) I really hesitated to do that because everything up to that point was 4x4.
4.) Pulled the micro SD card and went to your site for the new update.
5.) Followed the on-line video instructions to the letter.
6.) Downloaded the bin file. Put it on the card. Put card back into the aircraft.
7.) Load went fine. All the proper beep-beep sounds. Process ended correctly.
8.) Put the card back into the computer.
9.) Got the success message. Cool.
-
Now the FUBAR begins…
10.) Took the card out. Put card into USB / SD adapter and put into the RC control as instructed.
11.) RC load did not go as it should have. Wrong color LED. Wrong beeps.
WTF ??? ****! Screen says, “Firmware update required” but then says “Safe to Fly” !!! ???
-
Looks like I have joined this "club" : ^ (
HI, have you contacted B&H to find out what they suggest?

Really sorry to hear this. I can also recommend B&H for impeccable customer service and an all around great shopping experience. I use them instead of Amazon in these kinds of purchases as there is no tax and I get the item in 1 day free shipping (I'm in NJ, they're in NY). They are also an authorized DJI dealer so they can fix issues in their shops without necessitating a return to China.
HI, please see post #19, machines from B&H are exhibiting the same problem, so they are no different. This is not a reseller problem and I believe that it is unfair to imply that other resellers are somehow to blame for this. BTW, the only authorized warranty service centre that I am aware of is the DJI location in California which is where DJI requests we ship warranty covered work, not China.

dronebandit, could you please post link for other forums and threads that mention the newer 300B?

This is the first mention I have found about this. My controller happens to be of that flavor.

I received my new Phantom 3 Professional yesterday and after easily updating firmware on Drone to 1.26 and figured after as smoothly as that went, the RC would be a breeze, however not the case. I tried multiple USB drives, Mini SD cards, SD readers and trying to update from having RC attached to Gimbal with no luck. RC will not update and I am super bummed.

Trying to figure out as much info as possible while toying with the idea of just returning the phantom. I was so excited to get this, have not even gotten to fly it once and I have an RC that refuses to update.

These updates could stand to be streamlined a bit for sure.

Hi, do not have exact link, but I found it on DJI forum, it says that new 300B controller is meant to be updated directly from DJI Pilot app and this firmware will be released somwhere in August.
Then I found "download" button in DJI Pilot app, so I stop searching

HI, please see post #19, machines from B&H are exhibiting the same problem, so they are no different. This is not a reseller problem and I believe that it is unfair to imply that other resellers are somehow to blame for this. BTW, the only authorized warranty service centre that I am aware of is the DJI location in California which is where DJI requests we ship warranty covered work, not China.
I don't believe I was implying it was a problem limited to certain resellers. I was just saying there are other options other than Amazon for impeccable customer service when it comes to to the fraught hobby market of consumer drones. They have the added benefit of a service center which is markedly different from Amazon that will just have you return it.

Re: "Meklinite" - post # 25 ...
-
Yes, I have contacted B&H in NY and they have been very accommodating, (that's why I use B&H )! They are perfectly willing to exchange the P3P for a new one. At this time I see no reason to do so because I believe that would not solve this firmware problem. The new one would have the same issue, no? B&H is standing by to see what I find out from DJI in CA. Meanwhile, the P3 continues to be a bookshelf queen because I refuse to fly it and jeopardize my ability to return a pristine aircraft. Sad situation. : ^ (
-
Ah, the saga continues...
-
David

Hi, do not have exact link, but I found it on DJI forum, it says that new 300B controller is meant to be updated directly from DJI Pilot app and this firmware will be released somwhere in August.

Thanks Dronebandit, I appreciate the reply. Happy flying

With this not loading the firmware on to the radio correctly how does it effect my AMA insurance, if I Crash it and hurt people because of loss of control due to firmware?

Great! Thank you. I noticed the upgrade firmware message also but when selected it said something to the effect of try again later (they should have added, 'in August'). Thank you for passing that on.

Re: "Meklinite" - post # 25 ...
-
Yes, I have contacted B&H in NY and they have been very accommodating, (that's why I use B&H )! They are perfectly willing to exchange the P3P for a new one. At this time I see no reason to do so because I believe that would not solve this firmware problem. The new one would have the same issue, no? B&H is standing by to see what I find out from DJI in CA. Meanwhile, the P3 continues to be a bookshelf queen because I refuse to fly it and jeopardize my ability to return a pristine aircraft. Sad situation. : ^ (
-
Ah, the saga continues...
-
David
Thank you for reply, good to know they are in same situation and people in this forum seem to know more :) If it helps, I have released a few units on customers approval. They all function normally and have not seen any problems other than app crashing a couple of times but I am assuming that is kind of normal as I have had it happen prior to this. Machines flies well and app restarts normally.

I don't believe I was implying it was a problem limited to certain resellers. I was just saying there are other options other than Amazon for impeccable customer service when it comes to to the fraught hobby market of consumer drones. They have the added benefit of a service center which is markedly different from Amazon that will just have you return it.
Yes, I don't shop Amazon much so don't have much experience. B&H have stopped the free duty and shipping to Canada and it has taken away some of the incentive. Thank you for feedback.

I'm not sure if a solution to this has been found yet but I want to add a few things because I only have this new controller after it replaced a unit that I had problems with.

This is a problem that is only with the new controller that ends in "B". I had both an A and a B side by side for a week and the B controller will not even create a report saying "firmware up to date" or whatever it says.

Also - the A controller - when plugged into an iPad would get a message on the tablet saying "Trust this computer"? The B controller does not cause this message to appear. I just found this weird as well - like it doesn't recognize that you are trying to update firmware, and iPad doesn't recognize it as a computer either.

Hi friends, does anyone of you have the Phantom 3 Advanced 1.1.5 firmware? I need it!!! My phantom is running V01.04.0010 and I cant upgrade to anything!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi friends, does anyone of you have the Phantom 3 Advanced 1.1.5 firmware? I need it!!! My phantom is running V01.04.0010 and I cant upgrade to anything!!! PLEASE!!!
1.4.1 is the latest version. There is not a 1.1.5.

There was only a 1.1.6 and 1.1.8 that I am aware of
I'm not sure if a solution to this has been found yet but I want to add a few things because I only have this new controller after it replaced a unit that I had problems with.

This is a problem that is only with the new controller that ends in "B". I had both an A and a B side by side for a week and the B controller will not even create a report saying "firmware up to date" or whatever it says.

Also - the A controller - when plugged into an iPad would get a message on the tablet saying "Trust this computer"? The B controller does not cause this message to appear. I just found this weird as well - like it doesn't recognize that you are trying to update firmware, and iPad doesn't recognize it as a computer either.

The trust message was probably already marked as 'trust' previously so does not appear anymore. Some of the versions of the firmware do not need to be applied to the RC. If you are getting a msg that the RC does need updating but wont accept the update, it is likely two updates behind, updated to the version previous to the current one, ie one version back, and the msg will go away. Some of the RC updates are now also being done right on the smart device and no need to use the USB method.

Hi, as far as I know there is no 1.1.5 version, only 1.1.6 amd 1.1.8 and current version is 1.4.0010
so not sure why you want to update if it is at current level.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl