RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

lilsalmon said:
First post here. I wanted to quickly thank all of the members who have contributed to this I have learned a ton.

I do have one question after reading through all 30+ pages. After all of the different member tests can you guys definitively recommend the fatshark 250 over the immersion 600 as far as the transmitter goes?

I just got my P2 and want to purchase all of my Fpv gear tonight. And was convinced I was going with the immersion rc with a BP and Iosd UNTIL I stumbled upon this thread that wrapped my head in a different direction today. If you were starting from scratch and had to chose between the Irc600mw and the Fatshark 250 which would you go with?

Thanks again for everyone's contributions and time. It's much appreciated.

P.S. I'm not looking to break any records or long range work... Just looking for reliability and ability to frame good video.

Lil'

I can't say from experience yet, but I had the same concerns as you and ordered all my fvp gear yesterday. I went for the IRC600 and Black Pearl + Black Hawk antennae (and iOSD, connecting cables etc).

The reason I bit the bullet: it has become apparent that the original issues some people were having were to do with antenna. The helical type seem to best with this set up. At the end of the day, the 600 is 350mW more powerful than the 250 so should work better for long range as it kicks a out more powerful signal. Shimpy has reported very good results since he got his Black Hawk gear.

If you want to hang on a bit longer I'll post up my results asap.

You guys are awesome thanks for the responses... So here is where my concern lies with the Irc600mw... A few pages intonthe thread someone posted actual metered readings of the Irc600mw and the fs250.. The fs250 came in Way over its rating around 400ish and the Irc600mw and way under in the 100mw range. That's what concerns me as more or less a bit of false advertising.

I want to stay in the ballpark of the price of the BP a loved the all in one approach With monitor rx and battery... But am open to other options if there is an overwhelming recommendation.

Lil

lilsalmon said:
A few pages intonthe thread someone posted actual metered readings of the Irc600mw and the fs250.. The fs250 came in Way over its rating around 400ish and the Irc600mw and way under in the 100mw range.
Lil

Where is that post? I've not seen it / can't find it.

EDIT: found it here.

lilsalmon said:
You guys are awesome thanks for the responses... So here is where my concern lies with the Irc600mw... A few pages intonthe thread someone posted actual metered readings of the Irc600mw and the fs250.. The fs250 came in Way over its rating around 400ish and the Irc600mw and way under in the 100mw range. That's what concerns me as more or less a bit of false advertising.

I want to stay in the ballpark of the price of the BP a loved the all in one approach With monitor rx and battery... But am open to other options if there is an overwhelming recommendation.

Lil

I have irc600, and if was today i would get a boscam ts58400 and the Black Pearl, its cheaper and works better. Expect 2km with proper antennas. Enough for the P2.

Here's something... I just recently got my hands on, Flysight's 400mw vTx, now, you would think a Flysight vTx would work great with a Black Pearl because they are the same company, albeit, it probably is a generic vTx, you would think Flysight would have done the leg work and chosen one with good compatibility. Using CP antennas, I've only got to say I'm disappointed. The problem seems to be the Black Pearl itself. When I use my IRC Uno5800 and IRC 600mw, I get great reception, very little snow, easily reaching 700m with crystal clear image. Maybe I got a bad Flysight vTx, but it gets static at 100m, I can fly it with static for about 500m, but nothing clear like the IRC 600mw coupled with an IRC vRx.

Helical coming in on Thursday, will report back then.

lilsalmon said:
A few pages intonthe thread someone posted actual metered readings of the Irc600mw and the fs250.. The fs250 came in Way over its rating around 400ish and the Irc600mw and way under in the 100mw range. That's what concerns me as more or less a bit of false advertising.
I saw that post to. I do know from talking to Will at Horizon that transmitters will give wildly varying mw outputs depending on what frequency its broadcasting on. His youtube channel has videos of this, but I couldn't see the IRC600 on the channel. It would be definitive if Will could test all frequencies the IRC600 or anyone else with a RF meter.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I recently made the switch from Black Pearl to attitude V2 Goggles. I gotta admit its night and day using the same exact antennas i was getting around 500 meters with BP now with attitude I'm easily getting over 2000 meters... my setup is immersion 600tx with spironet antennas....

havasuphoto said:

I can only say that the linked information is crap from my experience. I don't fly long distances but the TS832 got nearly clear video out to 600 meters in my tests with my P2 and F550. With CP helical, the video was essentially clear all the way out and back - even when rotating around at 600. Completely different than that link. I'm thinking they either changed and fixed the problem (which is what the link suggested) or the guy just got a bad Tx.

Misinformation abounds and is kinda disconcerting. It is almost as if there are other agendas. 100 m? Seriously? I can get 500 meters with whip antennas with the TS832 - ain't pretty on turn around but usable. Add good antennas and it works a charm.

Baystate12 said:
I recently made the switch from Black Pearl to attitude V2 Goggles. I gotta admit its night and day using the same exact antennas i was getting around 500 meters with BP now with attitude I'm easily getting over 2000 meters... my setup is immersion 600tx with spironet antennas....

Out of interest, what frequency bands / channels do you have setup on the IRC600 and Goggles?

So let me throw this out there then. If I don't want to go goggles yet, what would you recommend for a monitor as an alternative to the BP? I seen mixed reviews on the Boscam being picky as well with different TX. Seems like there is no one solid goto recommendation or paired setup without breaking the bank or going goggles.

Thanks again everyone.

Lil

lilsalmon said:
So let me throw this out there then. If I don't want to go goggles yet, what would you recommend for a monitor as an alternative to the BP? I seen mixed reviews on the Boscam being picky as well with different TX. Seems like there is no one solid goto recommendation or paired setup without breaking the bank or going goggles.

Thanks again everyone.

Lil

You said before you are not looking for long range stuff, so I really wouldn't worry too much. If you are looking for range, get goggles - they seem to give consistent results.

lilsalmon said:

Thanks again everyone.

Lil

I use the Immersion Uno Rx mentioned previously in this thread, attached to this monitor: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1191

The extra real estate makes it a bit bulkier than 7" options, but it's a very nice display and has always been plenty bright enough for me.

re: Which monitor?

This is a preference that will get a lot of input. I like the Diversity innards monitors (two Diversity rx). There are several of them with different labels that seem similar. In another thread, the Lilliput has gotten great reviews for brightness and angular resolution.. but not so good for range of the rx(s).

As far as I am concerned, none of them do well in bright sunlight. You have to use a hood. That is where the goggles come in - I don't have goggles but I have some on order. I hope to hook everything up and get the best of both worlds.

ladykate said:
havasuphoto said:

I can only say that the linked information is crap from my experience. I don't fly long distances but the TS832 got nearly clear video out to 600 meters in my tests with my P2 and F550. With CP helical, the video was essentially clear all the way out and back - even when rotating around at 600. Completely different than that link. I'm thinking they either changed and fixed the problem (which is what the link suggested) or the guy just got a bad Tx.

Misinformation abounds and is kinda disconcerting. It is almost as if there are other agendas. 100 m? Seriously? I can get 500 meters with whip antennas with the TS832 - ain't pretty on turn around but usable. Add good antennas and it works a charm.
Couldn't agree more...I got 1113 meters, perfectly clear. So, it would be nice if someone tested the current TX....
I use Chanel 31.
As far as monitors go, they're all about the same; the 7" ones all have the same TN screen from China. Some may have better receivers than others-but generally they're all crap.
The Lilliput is an IPS panel-so it will "appear" brighter and more crisp. But, you're still dealing with an SD signal that isn't all that great to begin with.
IF, I had to do it over again-I'd get just a receiver that I could mount on a tripod, then a regular small monitor, and also use my Goggles.
The FS Goggles aren't that great either...and when it's too hot or cold, they fog up, rendering them useless.

havasuphoto said:
Couldn't agree more...I got 1113 meters, perfectly clear. So, it would be nice if someone tested the current TX....
I use Chanel 31.
As far as monitors go, they're all about the same; the 7" ones all have the same TN screen from China. Some may have better receivers than others-but generally they're all crap.
The Lilliput is an IPS panel-so it will "appear" brighter and more crisp. But, you're still dealing with an SD signal that isn't all that great to begin with.
IF, I had to do it over again-I'd get just a receiver that I could mount on a tripod, then a regular small monitor, and also use my Goggles.
The FS Goggles aren't that great either...and when it's too hot or cold, they fog up, rendering them useless.

I was unhappy about that link and joined the forum so I could post a rebuttal! I have one from last year - don't have a brand new one - but it is fine. I have found the channel does make a big difference and it isn't always 31. However, the system works fine for me.

I have some Predators on the way. Hope the weather here doesn't have the heating/fogging problem you have had. I suspect my experience will be better... or not. :)

It would be interesting and might be helpful if we all collate some data.

If anyone is up for it, I've knocked up a quick spreadsheet.

Open to anyone, add to it as often as you want, suggestions are welcome...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

I'll also start a new thread.

2trickpony said:
Perfect flying conditions here today, so decided to try and beat my distance record.
Pushed her out to 4.5km until fpv became difficult.

Amazingly this was using only the Nimrod antenna. The Blackhawk Helical was not attached to the IRC duo.
I contacted Horizon and they have asked me to do so testing on the helical and if it is faulty they will replace straight away.
Nice bunch of guys.

I though you said you cannot pass 1500m with your stock controller. anyway good job. you are nearly breaking my old record of 5k. today I did 6k with atti mode there and back turbo 18-20m/s. I think people saying about the video loss when it heading back, because they put their antenna at the back of p2. I used to have that problem about 2.5k coming back. now I let my antenna come out from the right side, full video 360 at 6k there and back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94