Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

RageCams camera mod

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Mods' started by fizzviic, Mar 7, 2014.

1. fizzviic

Anybody had RageCams install the 5.4mm lens mod and if so your thoughts on the pros and cons.

Thanks

2. nintendrone64

A buddy of mine has had it done to 2 of his GoPros and the thing shoots FREAKIN gorgeous.
    I'd go for it.

3. fizzviic

I'm hearing this from friends who had their GoPro's done, Thanks

4. MrDRC

I havent seen any comparison stills or video from the stock P2V cam and the ragecam mod. There are a ton of GoPro comparisons but I have yet to locate one comparing the P2V. The lens specs on the 5.4mm look great but, without an A/B comparison its hard to judge just how much better it will be considering the steep price tag of $500.

5. AllanVB

???????

Rage cams never lived up to the agreement. Not good!

6. RageCams

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
    "LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
    Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
    Check out our YouTube channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
    If you're interested, inquire with us at sales@ragecams.com!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
    --The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

7. Pull_Up

Irrespective of the back story this isn't the greatest moment in your business career, is it?

8. RageCams

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
    "LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
    Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
    Check out our YouTube channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
    If you're interested, inquire with us at sales@ragecams.com!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
    --The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

9. sprung

i have some pics posted. any of the pics that are in focus are taken with the 5.4. any of the pics without snow are with the 5.4. much better than the stock lens. www.flyinghighfoto.com