Question on legality of Aerial videos?

Reaction score
So I have been reading up on some of the discussions regarding what the FAA deems legal and illegal and they have me wondering, What would they have to say about taking videos of a pool party for personal use. Im just interested in making a cool video of this party. I am not receiving any money to do this it is just for fun. Is this a legal use? Would i get in trouble?

Even if the FAA regs were in place right now, what you're talking about wouldn't be restricted by them.

However, it's important to remember that even though you may not violate FAA laws, you could still be legally liable if any injury or property damage you may cause was found to be due to negligence...whether it's with a Phantom or a garden hose.

That's the problem now days everyone is sue happy . Those are type people I do not invite to my house . Long story short I know a guy showed up at a friends party tripped over a shrub and sued the guy over his own clumsiness/stupidity . Needless to say I do not associate with him anymore .
Have fun be carful not to fly into someone any hot girls we want to see the vid . You are doing nothing wrong :D

Pool parties without me is an absolute no no.
Just go for it dude. Screw the FAA.
Oh and do be sure to charge the pool owners $500 for the video.

You haven't been following the case on the FAA?
NTSB said the FAA has no jurisdiction on drones and can't enforce a law that does not exist.

Thanks for the clarification. I have been following them it just a little confusing with all the contradicting statements from judges to the FAA. :D

In fact there is no law regarding personal or commercial use of our phantoms. You can charge for as much commercial footage as possible and not "do it for free and charge for post". You can also fly as high as you want!

I'm speaking for the U.S. The FAA stuff is "guidelines".

However, pleases fly responsibly as inevitably something will go wrong and laws will be put in place. Until then, fly your heart making loads of $$$.

There was a lawyer I believe who made a video, sent it directly to the FAA charging them $1 for it and did not get any backlash from it. He is still waiting on his $1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl