Query regarding Max Endurance Speed (Min Power), Max Range Speed and Max Speed of P4

Reaction score
Can some one help me out with the following queries:

1) What is the Max Endurance Speed (Min Power), Max Range Speed and Max Speed of P4?

2) How does battery consumption varies with altitude. Is P4 more efficient at low altitude or at near 400 ft?

Please note I am trying to find an answer in low wind and out of ground effect scenario!

Thanks

Last edited:
Question one is not straightforward, there are variables involved in all of those things. Zooming around in low wind, I get about 17-19 mins on a standard battery and 19-21 on a hi-cap. If I'm more conservative, I can eek out a few more minutes. Range depends largely on interference and terrain. I've gotten out to 2 miles in a clear, flat environment with more to spare. Top speed is usually around 42mph in sport mode, but I've hit 52 with a tail wind.

Altitude doesn't really matter directly - but wind speeds increase as you go up, which results in increased battery drain.

1) What is the Max Endurance Speed (Min Power), Max Range Speed and Max Speed of P4?
The P4 will get 20 metres/sec in Sport Mode and 15 m/s in P-GPS mode (with obstacle avoidance switched off)
The best speed for endurance is a bit tricky but this thread should give you a good idea and help you if you wanted to test further.
Best fuel efficiency tests
2) How does battery consumption varies with altitude. Is P4 more efficient at low altitude or at near 400 ft?
There would be no measurable difference due to the altitude/air pressure difference between sea level and 400 ft.

Reactions: priyank_sai
Also, realized thru a website that Min Endurance occurs when DJI Phantom is near hovering:
Do you think it makes sense?
When flying slowly, most of the battery's energy is being used to fight against gravity and hold the drone up with only a small fraction being used for propulsion.

I do about 60mph in sport mode (more with tail wind, less with head wind). I haven't updated the firmware ever so I guess they lowered the speed at one time.

I do about 60mph in sport mode (more with tail wind, less with head wind). I haven't updated the firmware ever so I guess they lowered the speed at one time.
DJI haven't changed the speed settings at all for the P4 since it was released.
The P4 specs have always said: Max Speed S-mode: 20 m/s (=45 mph)

Also, is there a way to know what is the maximum acceleration of DJI Phantom 4.0? Or has any one heard about people talking about Max Acceleration?

The P4 will get 20 metres/sec in Sport Mode and 15 m/s in P-GPS mode (with obstacle avoidance switched off)
The best speed for endurance is a bit tricky but this thread should give you a good idea and help you if you wanted to test further.
Best fuel efficiency tests

There would be no measurable difference due to the altitude/air pressure difference between sea level and 400 ft.
There is a tremendous difference of flight time at 8,000' where I live most of the year in the Rocky Mountains versus Sea Level where I live 3 months of the year.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT