PV2+ with Futaba (or other) 2.4ghz radio, anybody?

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the stock radio in the PV2+ with something like a Futaba which runs on 2.4ghz? If so since the video link is also on that frequency have you had any issues with interference or did you do something to move the video off of 2.4ghz. I have a Futaba 10J which I want to use in the Pv2+ but someone on another thread I had mentioned that there may be issues and I am just looking for some input.
Much appreciated!!!!

You are likely to have issues due to the video & control sharing the 2.4 Ghz frequency. Were they separated by some distance, you would likely be OK with Spread Spectrum. But with both transmitters/receivers in such close proximity, I would suspect major interference.

Dirty Bird said:
You are likely to have issues due to the video & control sharing the 2.4 Ghz frequency. Were they separated by some distance, you would likely be OK with Spread Spectrum. But with both transmitters/receivers in such close proximity, I would suspect major interference.
This is what I expected, and why I'm planning on eventually switching to OpenLRS UHF for my control link, however:

I've had pretty good results (as in, no noticeable negative impact) so far with using a T14SG with the bundled receiver installed in my P2V+

One thing I did was to set the FPV quality/framerate setting to minimum (320x240 15FPS) to minimize the wifi transmit duty cycle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT