Put my mind at rest

Cheers Nigel :)

Nice vid.. Looks like you got good range also?

Just bear in mind what would happen if you lost a prop over something or someone

Video

Let us know how it went anyway!

Just bear in mind what would happen if you lost a prop over something or someone

Video

Let us know how it went anyway!

I watched that thinking OH my he just lost a Inspire! Over triple price of the Phantom but yeah would this not be pilot error or whoever attached the props?

Pilot error in that he didn't attach the props properly yes, but they can fall off without pilot error too. Just illustrating the chaos a malfunction could be, especially if you were over a congested area...

Also being relatively new to drone flying, but not new to life and analytics, I have two points to contribute:
1- Imagine, or even search if you can, how many drones have actually been sold and flown extensively with no issue, compared to the problems listed here. I suspect the ratio will be infinitesimally small. Don't forget, for the most part people will come to forums when they need help with a problem...
2-as tcope suggests, worrying will change nothing. I hate to quote Yoda but my kids have it in my head... "Do or do not". You can worry and fly trouble free, or have your mind eased and crash... but the actual worrying has no impact on either.

And yes, night flights are INCREDIBLY cool. I've seen one where a guy flew two drones, one following the other, through high rise buildings and a busy city scape and it was insane. And stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I started with toy drones and all I did was crash pick it up and crash again. Very careful with Phantom very [emoji5]

Im not preaching the rules as i bend/break some of them myself Just bare in mind they aren't allowed to be flown over residential areas at all here. So be careful, as if it does go down you may have some explaining to do. Best bet is to just fly over non residential areas in the town or around the outskirts town, has the added benefit of better range and video too. Oh ans less likely to be stolen if it goes down in an empty field.

Flying in town at sunrise in summer is a good idea, the light is perfect and the streets are empty.

Its unlikely you will ever have and issue though, make sure the batteries are warm before use.

Sent from my A1-850 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart