Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Purchase a new V+ (again), or wait for the next DJI?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by LarryLeisure, Jun 21, 2014.

1. LarryLeisure

I had some fire damage to my Gimbal and Camera about 6 weeks ago, so I am now ready to purchase a new Vision +...

Should I wait it out a few more months and hope a model with a better camera comes out? What does the rumor mill say??

Also, I downgraded my initial P2V+ to software Version 1.08....still possible on the latest Vison+'s being shipped out??

Thanks

2. illiceman11

As much as I love my Plus I will be looking at other units for next one due to very bad service and replacement of defective parts. :evil:

3. Mako79

Parrot Bebop? I like how it has a dirty/clean configuration.

4. tysonb

With the new GoPro 4 coming out imminently, the P2 with 3 axis gimbal and that as the payload. 1080p @ 120 FPS will have stunning video, and beautiful slo-mo shots. 720p @ 240 FPS, the same, and even more so with the slo-mo shots. You could pick up a used GP3 between then and now. I like the modularity, and if I was to purchase again, this is the route I would go with.

5. illiceman11

We have a Black addition on 2 and like it. Gimbal is now broke due to flying int[ig][/img]o car but cameras works great.

6. kjopc

I suspect the future for many of us will be to buy a quadcopter (perhaps DJI) that supports 3rd party gimbals and cameras.

Being tied to DJI for overpriced/fragile/unavailable parts is leading to the high degree of dissatisfaction you read about around here.

7. polo-kracher

im gonna by the new walkera H500, just to try it. service cant be worse and parts will be available