Propeller’s making whistling sound

Reaction score
I just got the Phantom4 Pro+ from someone else. It’s two years old but just like new. I have the Mavic Pro2 already so I’m not sure if it’s a problem or not. The Propellers on the P4P+ make a lot of noise. Plus their is a whistling sound they make. I’m not sure if it’s normal or if something is wrong with one or more of the motors. Has anyone else had this problem?

My P4P has had a whistling sound beginning with it's first flight. Almost a year in and it still whistles. I have detected no flight problems. My Mavic 2 is very quiet compared to the P4P.

Reactions: Bellaflys2016
I am reasonably sure the whistling noise is from the downdraft of the props across the vent holes on the motors. Tried regular P4P props and 2.0, whistling still happens.

Whistling has been noted since P4 Pro + was released. No issue with your drone. Plenty of reviews of the product that mention the noise.

Paul C

Well, I have P4P+ and no whistling. At first he should run the motors without props. Is whistling still there? Than it is the motor, although the forces on motors are much different when propellers attached. If the noise come out from props. then change the props, or at least balance the props. If you've done all that, then I would not know any reasonable solution.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
The whistling does not bother me nor do I think it is indicative of a problem. A different tune would be nice!!

Reactions: LARA images
Then buy the original DJI low noise props. Surely the sound will be different.

Like I posted before, I have used both types of DJI props and the aircraft still whistles. It's not the props. And again, not concerned. I was simply confirming that some P4s whistle affirming what the OP stated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West