Prop Guards

Reaction score
Will using Prop Guards cause damage to your drone ?
Such as stress cracks
Or too much weight for the motors ???

I have a new p3s and I sure don't want cause any unnecessary problems

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just trying to be cautious, I'm new at this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Well give them a go if it gives some peace of mind. I have read threads regarding their effect when flying in breezy conditions as they can act like a wind sock. Nothing to lose and you can easily remove them once you get your confidence up.

Well give them a go if it gives some peace of mind. I have read threads regarding their effect when flying in breezy conditions as they can act like a wind sock. Nothing to lose and you can easily remove them once you get your confidence up.

What you say rings true. I gave these a glowing review---->Amazon.com: XCSOURCE Prop Guards Quick Release Snap On/off Propeller Bumper Protector Tool-free for DJI Phantom 4 (Blue): Home Audio & Theater

But, after a few flights with 10 mph winds the ascent is not straight as before but drifts a bit as it's rising by about 3-6 inches ( 30-60 feet up) I still like them - bit I do need to be sure where I takeoff. I am writing this now because today was the flight where my P4 took off was only 20 yards away from my home. Nerve wracking.

I got the DJI Prop guards but didn't work for me because to have take the motor mounting screws out and put longer ones through to the guards so if you need to pack your drone to take is somewhere you can't put it in a bag or case.

I got the DJI Prop guards but didn't work for me because to have take the motor mounting screws out and put longer ones through to the guards so if you need to pack your drone to take is somewhere you can't put it in a bag or case.

Yeah that's why the clip on ones are so much better - they click off to transport, in seconds. I love them, I have red in front & black / white (two sets) at back - assists in determining orientation for beginners, I swear by them without question.

If you are using name brand DJI Prop Guards they will not cause any added damage to your drone. They do add touch bit more weight which could lower the battery life by a small bit though.

I think they can add to the VRS (Vortex ring state) so be careful coming in to land. Either circle around descending or come in descending from a distance. Never straight down. The face is to try and keep bird pests away.
004.JPG

If you use the longer screws make sure you don't use them without the guards as they will screw into the motors. I used my original screws with the red and black models with no problem. Another advantage is that the mounts will protect the arms against cracking

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan