Problems

Reaction score
IMG_5544.PNG
Hi, my drone is playing up and just wondering if anyone can help....?
Tia

The first error is caused by DJI now requiring pilots to log into their account: make sure your mobile device has Internet connection, then close DJI GO completely, restart and log into your account. If that works but you still get the error when connected to the P3S, uninstall the app from your device, reinstall it, login (when connected to Internet) and then connect to P3S.
The other errors are compass/GPS related: try flying somewhere else and see if they go away.

The first error is caused by DJI now requiring pilots to log into their account: make sure your mobile device has Internet connection, then close DJI GO completely, restart and log into your account. If that works but you still get the error when connected to the P3S, uninstall the app from your device, reinstall it, login (when connected to Internet) and then connect to P3S.
The other errors are compass/GPS related: try flying somewhere else and see if they go away.
The distance one...?
We have re calibrated and my friend flys in the same place and has no problems at all...?
Could it need a new compass...?
Thanks

@AndyP

Welcome to the forum!

"Could it need a new compass...?"
I doubt it, follow @120CCPM instructions ;)

How long have you had your Phantom?

Rod

Reactions: AndyP
@AndyP

Welcome to the forum!

"Could it need a new compass...?"
I doubt it, follow @120CCPM instructions ;)

How long have you had your Phantom?

Rod
Hi thank you...
I've had it 2 months and flown it nearly everyday weather permitting....
120CCPM I have done all he suggested and now I'm not getting the errors, but it won't go higher than 100ft and "RC Signal lost" and go home keeps activating....
I've checked all settings and it's not restricted or anything....?
I was thinking maybe a new compass and have just wine one on eBay so was going to try that..... any other ideas...?

So this appears to be a different problem?
Is it exactly 100ft ?

Rod

You are now reporting a completely different issue (loss of control signal at short range) which has nothing to do with the problems you previously reported, and that would definitely not be corrected by buying a new compass off eBay.
Let's focus on this new issue:
- have you tried flying in a different place?
- are you keeping the RC antenna properly oriented (it must NOT point toward the AC, but rather be parallel to the AC's legs - also try to avoid flying directly above you)?
- you report this issue after 2 months of happy flying... has anything changed recently? Have you updated the firmware or the app? Have you crashed?

Try to be analytical in your approach to these problems and tackle them one by one. Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum, help them to help you.

You are now reporting a completely different issue (loss of control signal at short range) which has nothing to do with the problems you previously reported, and that would definitely not be corrected by buying a new compass off eBay.
Let's focus on this new issue:
- have you tried flying in a different place?
- are you keeping the RC antenna properly oriented (it must NOT point toward the AC, but rather be parallel to the AC's legs - also try to avoid flying directly above you)?
- you report this issue after 2 months of happy flying... has anything changed recently? Have you updated the firmware or the app? Have you crashed?

Try to be analytical in your approach to these problems and tackle them one by one. Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum, help them to help you.
Ok thanks for your reply....
The issues originally posted were the issues and after following advise corrected those issues, the issue I have now is the one posted last...
Yes I have flown in a different place (all places my friend has no issues flying in... RC antenna is at 45* and not pouting at aircraft... no it's not exactly 100ft but there abouts and it will only go 300ish ft and it says the same and returns home....
It had a small crash but worked fine after and then a few days later all this....
Many thanks again....

No recent firmware updates?

Rod

The around 100ft high and 300ft out sounds like the new dji go updated app. Mine done that and all I had to do was sign back out of dji go and then sign back into it. I've seen lots of post about it on here and that's where I learned how to fix it.

The around 100ft high and 300ft out sounds like the new dji go updated app. Mine done that and all I had to do was sign back out of dji go and then sign back into it. I've seen lots of post about it on here and that's where I learned how to fix it.
I've done that....?

Were you activating or trying to activate RTH?

Rod

Last edited:
put your gimbal lock on and give the AC a slight jiggle to listen for lose wires?

maybe its your tablet/phone? mine did that a few times on my cheap PoS walmart tablet, would say signal lost return home but i still had all functions on the controller though the go app was dark. started back up on the phone and no issues just SMALLER.
some people disagrees, says the tablet and wifi has nothing to do with it.
good luck

Rod, mine would activate RTH. I'm using a android tablet with android 7 on it. After I signed out and back in it's been working good.

The distance one...?
We have re calibrated and my friend flys in the same place and has no problems at all...?
Could it need a new compass...?
Thanks
If your friend use the same configuration, then fly with his tablet. If the problem persists, you know it's not on your tablet.
Then you fly once with his RC. If the problem persists then you know it's on your drone.

If your friend doesn't use the same configuration, never compare.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West