Problem with P3 Advanced

Reaction score
I've got a Phantom 3 Advanced that I haven't flown in a few months (winter and all). I pulled it out a bit ago to go fly, and as expected found it needed updates for the aircraft and camera. Those installed fine. Took it out.. and found that everything worked fine except the motors wouldn't start. Push the stick up like I normally do, and nothing happens. Try the auto takeoff, and it waits a few seconds before saying "Takeoff failed".

I went and uninstalled DJI Go, and reinstalled it. Found that there is now a version for the P4 and pre-P4.. so I got the pre-P4 one. Still doesn't work though.

Turned everything on and off a few times, and suddenly the controller is saying it needs an update. Figuring that was the problem I downloaded and installed that update. Still didn't work though.. and now every time I turn on the controller it wants to update from version 1.8.0 to version 1.8.0. I've let it install that update three times now and it's still not working.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Can you get the motors to start by pressing them both to the inside lower corners?

That was indeed the problem, apparently they removed the ability to start the engines by simply holding the stick up. No idea why the auto-takeoff won't work though, or why the controller is obsessed with update 1.8.0. Just did a full flight with no problems by starting the motors with both sticks.

That was indeed the problem, apparently they removed the ability to start the engines by simply holding the stick up. No idea why the auto-takeoff won't work though, or why the controller is obsessed with update 1.8.0. Just did a full flight with no problems by starting the motors with both sticks.
Glad you got it going! Fly safe!

That was indeed the problem, apparently they removed the ability to start the engines by simply holding the stick up.
There's no problem to fix.
It's never been possible to start the motors that way.
This section of the manual hasn't changed at all since the P3 Advanced was first released.
i-ZhRNmjb-M.jpg

Reactions: SirAchie
apparently they removed the ability to start the engines by simply holding the stick up.
I never heard of starting the motors by holding one stick up.

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen