Problem with my phantom 4

Abs

Reaction score
i had my phantom 4 for few weeks now
But after I collaborated the IMU nd compas
My P4 doesn't hover at one spot it loses and gains altitude also moves side to side
I don't know how to fix the problem any ideas
I would really appreciate it

My P4 doesn't hover at one spot it loses and gains altitude also moves side to side
I don't know how to fix the problem any ideas
I would really appreciate it
Hi is that at low height ,almost thinking vps just trying to read the ground pattern,all i can think since compass done,try with it on and off see if any change..better add was your compass calibration done corect

It shouldn't have been necessary to recalibrate the IMU or the compass.
Was there a particular reason you did?

Are you trying to hover at less than 10 metres over a surface that the VPS will have trouble finding a pattern or texture on? eg grass, concrete
What are the lighting conditions like?

Did you wait long enough for it to get a GPS lock?

I had a similar incident after I had been flying indoors. Walking outside the farm I got a compass warning.
Then when I tried to lift off from a (reinforced) concrete floor the P4 drifted very fast to one side, like people do that have been spinning around their own axis.
It was impossible to control. Luckily I landed just before a tree.
I suspect either the IMU or the compass is off or broken. Have you checked the values in the app?

I had a similar incident after I had been flying indoors. Walking outside the farm I got a compass warning.
Then when I tried to lift off from a (reinforced) concrete floor the P4 drifted very fast to one side, like people do that have been spinning around their own axis.
This post explains the cause of your incident: Looking for Trouble ??
NEVER launch from or land on a steel or reinforced concrete surface.

Reactions: rene van der meer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT