Problem with Go for Android

Reaction score
Since the latest update of Go for Android, I have to reinstall the app after I use it and exit out . After an initial install, I can connect to my Drone's WIFI, and consequently with the app. However, if I exit the app and re-enter it, I can still connect to the WIFI, but the app always says it's disconnected. Uninstalling/re-installing fixes the problem. I've tried force stopping and rebooting, neither effect any change. The result being that I have to reinstall the app every time I fly. Anyone else running into this?

I tryed a galaxy 3 tab today and mine did the same thing..... weird. My galaxy s5 work perfect

I am getting weird disconnect as well ...

Yesterday - I had to restart my Tablet 3x to stop it jumping from Mavic Pro to Phantom 3 Standard repeatedly on the Connect front page. Never seen that before with any other GO ...

Then I found my Litchi was doing similar even though GO was FORCE STOP ...

Seems I will be back to testing combos again ... at least we can still have older FW if necessary .. I'm not too happy about altering GO code to stop update message as some do.

AND if its something to do with FW as I had 'events' with Litchi ... ??

Nigel

After a lil research found out the galaxy 3 tab isnt a good match its just to slow and my s5 is much faster. Guess ill be looking into a ipad

I couldn't connect to the P3S on Android with mobile data enabled. This is on a Mi Max with Android 7.1, I haven't tried it with older ROMs.

The weird thing is that even with no WiFi enabled, the Go app thinks I have an Inspire. Clicking on the Camera button shows status as disconnected. This happens even after deleting the app and all its files and reinstalling it.

Everything works fine with mobile data disabled. It's a pain to do that because it means the map view isn't updated.

I couldn't connect to the P3S on Android with mobile data enabled. This is on a Mi Max with Android 7.1, I haven't tried it with older ROMs.

The weird thing is that even with no WiFi enabled, the Go app thinks I have an Inspire. Clicking on the Camera button shows status as disconnected. This happens even after deleting the app and all its files and reinstalling it.

Everything works fine with mobile data disabled. It's a pain to do that because it means the map view isn't updated.

Map view is usually CACHED for most users ... most do not have data link to download while flying ...

You fire up Go or Litchi at home - get it to flight screen ... swap to home WiFi ... scroll round cache'ing the map sections as they display.
Go and Litchi don't actually use any Map App such as Navteq etc. as they are designed to display cache maps only.

Nigel

Nexus 7 vers 2 16gb .... $150 refurb of eBay .... magic !

Nigel

Would love to go for a mini 4 but I still have the phone holder and am not very keen to drill a hole for the tablet holder
I didn't drill a hole...I used a little velcro on the Rc and a little on the mount.works perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen