Privacy? I don't got to give you no stinkin' privacy!

Reaction score
Using GO4, what all information is going upstream that I don't know about? My location? My flight path? Flight parameters? Personal ID? Where I took photos???

I assume with a cellular connection to the GO4 app this might be real-time, and with an offline tablet perhaps it catches up the next time the app is connected?

So what info is involved?

Using GO4, what all information is going upstream that I don't know about? My location? My flight path? Flight parameters? Personal ID? Where I took photos???
I assume with a cellular connection to the GO4 app this might be real-time, and with an offline tablet perhaps it catches up the next time the app is connected?
So what info is involved?
You assume too much.
No information is going upstream.
Your Phantom and controller can only transmit a couple of miles.
If you choose to share your flight data with DJI, you can upload (synch) any flight data you like via an internet connection from the app at any time after the flight.
Unless you synch flight data, DJI have no idea what flying you have done.

You assume too much.
If you choose to share your flight data with DJI, you can upload (synch) any flight data you like via an internet connection from the app at any time after the flight.

With the regular GO app there are transmitted to DJI if you allow an internet connection, whether or not you choose to sync the flights. It's not insignificant in terms of bytes, though not enough to include images, but it's encrypted so difficult to know exactly what is being sent. It likely does include general location data since it includes map data requests.

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy
You assume too much.
Call me cynical but I would not be so trusting as to believe whatever DJI puts out there in terms of data privacy. Keep in mind, this is China!

Reactions: MTO
Call me cynical but I would not be so trusting as to believe whatever DJI puts out there in terms of data privacy. Keep in mind, this is China!
Other than your dji, have you considered almost all electronics you have are from China. If you believe in conspiracy your big brother (NAS) may watch you more than the chinaman.

Other than your dji, have you considered almost all electronics you have are from China. If you believe in conspiracy your big brother (NAS) may watch you more than the chinaman.
You mean NSA?

I trust my own assessment.
I can see what goes/does not go to DJI.
I've also seen hundreds of flight records and understand what's in them instead of not knowing and assuming the worst.

I trust my own assessment.
I can see what goes/does not go to DJI.
I've also seen hundreds of flight records and understand what's in them instead of not knowing and assuming the worst.
You can see whatever DJI allows you to see and you cannot see whatever they don't want you to see. If data is perceived to have value then it will likely be captured with or without your permission/knowledge. This has been shown time and time again. But maybe our flight and user data is worthless and therefore not worth the time. All I'm saying is a bit of skepticism is warranted when it comes to these things in my opinion.

Reactions: MTO
You also have the option of going to another company that does not require any type of registration, if that gives you peace of mind.

Or
Keep your wifi turn off,
I never turn mine on, don't want any updates, I like things just the way are.
And know one knows anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna