Wouldn't it be easier to just educate yourself on what (if any) preventative maintenance there is? What the hell is it with Americans, on the one hand they want to shrink their government to the point it can be drowned in a teacup, and on the other they want it to be used as a cudgel against people because of some imagined slight?
T
Wouldn't it be easier to just educate yourself on what (if any) preventative maintenance there is? What the hell is it with Americans, on the one hand they want to shrink their government to the point it can be drowned in a teacup, and on the other they want it to be used as a cudgel against people because of some imagined slight?

Believe me Bud, the two different opinions on how big government should be show two very different types of Americans. The side I reside on wishes to shrink government to where it could drown in a tea cup, yes. If you look at our Constitution, most importantly the Tenth Amendment to it, then compare our current government to it, 3/4 of it isn't even supposed to exist. If we were to follow the laws that we are SUPPOSED to be governed by, yes, our government would almost fit in a tea cup, and we'd be far better off for it. The "Other Side" is populated by those who have never grown past the stage in life where they need a nanny for every breath they take to make sure they are safe and protected, and have not viewed the past sufficiently so they would know that there is very little in government that works in our favor to begin with. It takes a special person to not be able to see the government waste, corruption and it's trampling of liberty, then go and say they want more. Proven historical fact: More government=less liberty. True in every case.

Reactions: HawkeyeImaging
I'd like to see DJI recommended maintenance and checklist too, as well as a bug list. I see NO reason why he would need to threaten to contact FAA or govt though. Did his nanny get a manual to control his internet usage?

If someone doesn't check the props, their batteries and take care of their equipment, then oh well. People say not to worry about balancing the props and to each his own, but isn't that maintenance? We are supposed to be a responsible pilot; then nobody should need Uncle Sam to say, this is how you need to do it. Here is a novice idea, read the instructional manual and the safety guidelines set forth. That is half of the problem. People are too busy watching videos on YouTube of irresponsible people like Casey Neistat, and when something goes wrong, they want to blame the equipment. How about this? Be responsible, culpable and take responsibility for your action? The government should not have to say, check your props after every flight; check your home point, or do it a certain way. Geez, this gets old after a while. If you break it - you bought it. And what if they implement some criteria and you still wreck, or you fly it, and it hurts someone? Are you going to say, I did the checklist the government said to so I did nothing wrong? Like I said, be culpable.

If someone doesn't check the props, their batteries and take care of their equipment, then oh well. People say not to worry about balancing the props and to each his own, but isn't that maintenance? We are supposed to be a responsible pilot; then nobody should need Uncle Sam to say, this is how you need to do it. Here is a novice idea, read the instructional manual and the safety guidelines set forth. That is half of the problem. People are too busy watching videos on YouTube of irresponsible people like Casey Neistat, and when something goes wrong, they want to blame the equipment. How about this? Be responsible, culpable and take responsibility for your action? The government should not have to say, check your props after every flight; check your home point, or do it a certain way. Geez, this gets old after a while. If you break it - you bought it. And what if they implement some criteria and you still wreck, or you fly it, and it hurts someone? Are you going to say, I did the checklist the government said to so I did nothing wrong? Like I said, be culpable.
That's very basic checklist, where's the list of what to do in case of flyaway bugs? Altitude drops? As well as any other issues that DJI are aware of. Basic checks are one thing, but a responsible pilot will think ahead. Def not government domain though, DJI know their product better than any nanny.

That's very basic checklist, where's the list of what to do in case of flyaway bugs? Altitude drops? As well as any other issues that DJI are aware of. Basic checks are one thing, but a responsible pilot will think ahead. Def not government domain though, DJI know their product better than any nanny.
That is my point exactly.

I perfectly agree with: the question is not the normal maintenance, the problem is, for example, how long can I use my motors and my propellers in normal conditions? What are the most frequent accidents? Is there a way to reduce or avoid them? Surely DJI's engineers know them and can write a list of common accidents times of durability, I suppose.

What Notice 8900.291, which expired on 3/24/16, specifically said was:
"5. Action. AIR and AFS personnel who support the airworthiness certification of a UAS with an operating weight of fewer than 55 pounds must confirm the following:
a. Written, Self-Certifying Statement. Applicants must provide the FAA with a written, self-certifying statement that they have an established inspection and maintenance program for the continued airworthiness of the aircraft.
b. Operating Limitations Contents. Per deviation memorandum AIR 100-15-110-DM44 issued March 4, 2015, the inspection and maintenance requirements listed in Appendix A of FAA Order 8130.34C are not required to be listed in the operating limitations for unmanned aircraft operated at less than 55 pounds."

Someone is bored. You're demanding regulations? Good thing your a small fish an enormous pond. If you're not smart enough to do checks and maintenance then you should sell your stuff. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Someone is bored. You're demanding regulations? Good thing your a small fish an enormous pond. If you're not smart enough to do checks and maintenance then you should sell your stuff. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I could not agree more. And here is a photo of my new flight helmet.

Attachments

• Helmet.jpg
    Helmet.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 286
Here you go! I even use the Pre Checklist to make sure I don't miss anything, and these can be used on any AC! Now leave the FAA out of it please!!

Attachments

• P3 Maintenance Checklist.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 393
  • DJI Phantom 3 Pre.pdf
    105 KB · Views: 453
Here you go! I even use the Pre Checklist to make sure I don't miss anything, and these can be used on any AC! Now leave the FAA out of it please!!
Thanks for your sharing: both lists are useful.
Only DJI can really know how many hours a motor is (normally) expected to work, I think.
I suppose they have tested it, isn't?

What Notice 8900.291, which expired on 3/24/16, specifically said was:
"5. Action. AIR and AFS personnel who support the airworthiness certification of a UAS with an operating weight of fewer than 55 pounds must confirm the following:
a. Written, Self-Certifying Statement. Applicants must provide the FAA with a written, self-certifying statement that they have an established inspection and maintenance program for the continued airworthiness of the aircraft.
b. Operating Limitations Contents. Per deviation memorandum AIR 100-15-110-DM44 issued March 4, 2015, the inspection and maintenance requirements listed in Appendix A of FAA Order 8130.34C are not required to be listed in the operating limitations for unmanned aircraft operated at less than 55 pounds."

Dude please quit trolling...

Obviously people are going to inspect their drone before flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl