Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Possibly a common question but I cant find anything

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Robwhit025, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Robwhit025

Hey guys. I'm a new member and new to the drone game (so new that I haven't even bought one yet) but I've got a question about whether the Phantom 3 is the right option for me.

I see nothing wrong with it for what I want to use it for. It seems amazing but since I already have a GoPro 4 Black, I'm wondering if there's another option for me to look at that would be comparable as a drone in terms but with a lower pricetag and no included camera.

I had a look at the Phantom 2 but without 'follow me' and a decent resolution feed back to a controller/phone, I'd rather go for something else.

I also see the advantage of having an extra camera on hand if I buy the P3 so I'm just about to pull the trigger on one but if there's a better option for someone with a GoPro, I'd appreciate any guidance.

I should also mention that I did a bit of searching on this topic before posting but I struggled to find an answer because searching anything with the words 'drone' and 'gopro' returns the entire internet

#1 Robwhit025, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Even though it's over a year old, there is still nothing comparable to the P3 Advanced or Pro (except the P4 for a lot more $$)
    For use on a drone, GoPro cameras are outdated.
    You can't control the camera in the air like you can with the P3.
    At current prices the Advanced and Pro are a gift.

3. RedHotPoker

Yup, the Phantom 3 Pro' is an awesome drone, and at today's prices, you can't go wrong. For the price of what I paid for my P3P when it was new, you can practically buy an new higher end
    Inspire 1 today. For what a Phantom 4 costs new, you could buy two Phantom 3 Po's and an extra battery. Haha
    & it seems, 4K video is fast becoming the new standard.

RedHotPoker

4. Robwhit025

Cheers guys. Looks like I'll be buying one. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to spend more than I needed to.

MasterBlaster likes this.
  5. 4wd

4wd

You'll find processing the video from a phantom and the Hero 4 quite similar especially if you use Log to record with the Phantom and Protune + flat mode on the GoPro
    A good trick with both is use of LUTS.
    You can edit Phantom footage pretty nicely in GoPro studio if you use that.

6. RedHotPoker

Welcome to the forum, and Phantom family... ;-)

RedHotPoker