Possible to link Black Pearl RC801 to laptop display?

Reaction score
Hello, all!

Just wondering, as the title says, to link the Black Pearl out to a laptop, and use my laptop screen as a larger display? I find that it's difficult to see on the smaller screen, and would like to pipe the picture into my laptop, if possible?

Another issue I'm having, now that I'm thinking of it, as at about 200-250 meters, my Black Pearl display cuts out and goes to static and glitching, even with a clear line of sight, and nowhere near any sort of interference. (Open field, no powerlines, trees, or anything. Just a straight line of sight shot) I don't like being blind outside of 2 or 3 hundred meters, and thought that the range was more towards 700-800 meters?

What antennas are you using? I use a RCA video in to rgb adaptor to get the image onto a 22" monitor running off an inverter in the car so guests can see what I am seeing. EBay or Amazon do them.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Don't think you can use a laptop as there is no video in only rgb out

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Re: range - as mentioned - what antennas are you using? and what transmitter are you using

Depending on what laptop - IE windows - you can use any rca to vga adapter or on a mac rca to firewire, thunderbolt.

Umm.. The TX and RX antennas are these guys: http://www.helidirect.com/flysight-58g- ... -33891.hdx

As for the transmitter... nO IDEA. aCCORDING TO THE ORDER DOCUMENTATION THAT SHIPPED WITH IT, IT'S A "400Mw 5.8GHZ vIDEO tRANSMITTER (INSTALLED)".

Ooops. Sorry about the caps there.

Anyways, the transmitter has "PWR58000_131115 V1.4" written on it, but that's all I can tell you. :/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl