Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Positive experience today with park rangers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjw, Oct 6, 2015.

1. mjw

mjw

We are on a short vacation in a very scenic state park - they have an old stone tower with a metal water storage tank on top - very rustic - I wanted to practice photographing the tower so I went to the rangers office to get clearance to do so - since the park is virtually empty they agreed to allow me to photograph various features in the park. The one thing I found really interesting is one ranger was really focused on privacy issues - he requested I keep other folks out of the pictures - I replied I would do my best - I wonder if anyone with a 35MM has had the same request made - but overall the rangers were interested in what I was up to.

markdizle likes this.
  2. Goldni

Had a similar experience today in a Fla state park near Panama City Beach. The guy was cool. He said "just keep it away from people and be cool with it."

3. Bob Denny

Yeah people think nothing of a guy with an 800 mm lens which can zero in on their genital area from 200 feet away.

unclejas likes this.
  4. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

I keep this link saved and share it with anyone who "thinks" a UAV is a Spy platform

dirkclod likes this.