Position indicator issue

Reaction score
Using iPad mini 4 with current version of dgi go.
The position indicator ( little radar looking circle with red arrow) no longer shows the correct position of my phantom in relation to myself anymore.
I can see the drone in front of me but the arrow indicates it 90 degrees or opposite of where it should be on the indicator.
I've tried recalibration of compass and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Are you seeing any errors? Look at your home point first, while on the ground. If that is correct the compass should be fine. You have to remember that the radar defaults to north so that directional indicator can vary...if that is what you are looking at. Look at your recorded home point direction and use that as a reference.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I did notice that the north indicator was not where it should be. There were no errors reported.
What's extremely odd is that when I switch to my spark it works just fine.
Only with my p4p is this acting crazy.

Well if u tap on the map (with red arrow) go to settings top right and hit the "north" arrow) should be facing correct direction now

Are you seeing any errors? Look at your home point first, while on the ground. If that is correct the compass should be fine. You have to remember that the radar defaults to north so that directional indicator can vary...if that is what you are looking at. Look at your recorded home point direction and use that as a reference.
His indicator in map settings might not be set to north.... I just had to do this today my red arrow is pointing to the right and I was facing north so I went into the settings after I tap the map....and hit the little arrow icon on right hand side of map. Now the red arrow displays right.

I had same problem. Calibrate compass on IPAD. If there isn't a compass you can get a compass app off the app store.

His indicator in map settings might not be set to north....
As far as I can recall. The Phantoms direction is always defaulted to MagN. This is not a setting you can change, it is in the aircraft's FC calculations. If you change this manually then your directional headings will be off, unless you compensate for that during flight.

Now the red arrow displays right.
This also depends on which "arrow" you refer to. There are two. Aircraft direction and home point orientation.

As far as I can recall. The Phantoms direction is always defaulted to MagN. This is not a setting you can change, it is in the aircraft's FC calculations. If you change this manually then your directional headings will be off, unless you compensate for that during flight.
No so what i mean is i was flying the other day in the mountains and I noticed that my arrow was Facing East.....i'm used to it normally facing north so I clicked on my Map and in there, is a few settings for the map on the top right like change satellite view ....and then there is another one next to that where you can obviously Point North

The compass that matters in this case is the one in your iPad.
Use Google to find out how to calibrate its compass.
This was with Android my particular problem I didn't know you could calibrate your compass on the iOS side of things so maybe that is his problem. Basically i found out u could have red arrow indicate north relative to where u are standing.... or I guess how the Drone or device was oriented

Reactions: BigAl07
This was with Android my particular problem I didn't know you could calibrate your compass on the iOS side of things so maybe that is his problem. Basically i found out u could have red arrow indicate north relative to where u are standing.... or I guess how the Drone or device was oriented
Android/iPad ... it doesn't matter.
You need the tablet compass to be properly aligned for it to indicate the position of the Phantom relative to you.

As Meta noted, this is normally an indication that the compass in your mobile device needs to be calibrated and that is what we normally advise when this question comes up. What gives me some pause in this case is that the same mobile device works normally with the Spark but abnormally with the P4P. That sounds strange to me, so I'm not sure on this one.

Well I guess his suggestion would be to try mine first then if that doesn't work try calibrating the ipad's compass....this is what i was talking about....tapping this icon...had my arrow on map straightened out.... and like I said it usually is fine but I had moved a couple hundred miles I am on vacation ....anyway I don't know why the arrow was facing east.... I tapped this icon and it was North again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180606-230423.jpg
    Screenshot_20180606-230423.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 200
this is what i was talking about....tapping this icon...had my arrow on map straightened out.... and like I said it usually is fine but I had moved a couple hundred miles I am on vacation ....anyway I don't know why the arrow was facing east.... I tapped this icon and it was North again.
That icon showing a compass needle with a padlock over it is showing you that the map display is locked to show north up.
Tap the icon and it toggles to course up
The OP was talking about the radar display which doesn't have that feature.
If the tablet's compass is properly calibrated, the line toward the small white marker at the top of the circle on the radar display should always be showing the direction you are facing.
Turn left or right holding the controller and you see the display change.
i-fM6knt2-M.png

North is also indicated on the radar display but the only way to show north up is to face north.

Thank you all for the advice. I will give these suggestions a try and let you know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24