Poor video streaming to iPad mini

Reaction score
I have a Phantom P4. Over the last couple months my video streaming has been terrible. I get green and black screens regularly. It does not matter the distance from me. This was not a problem last year. When I spoke with DJI, they said to make sure I am using the current DJI Go app, that the firmware is up to date, and to recalibrate the IMU and the gimbal. I have done all of that, and I still have the issue. My antennas are positioned correctly. Anybody found any solutions to this issue??

You haven't mentioned what device you are using, whether you have tried using another cable or what resolution you are filming in. I use an iOS device that has worked well but have noticed as the app updates continue and become more complex, I've had to film in a lower resolution, select a custom channel and lower my transmission rate to 4 Mbps to avoid the green stripes etc. The footage on the microSD card is always fine but the display is being challenged by the additional processing that is being introduced.

Reactions: With The Birds
As Tevek has said, this is almost certainly an issue with your device lacking the grunt needed to run the app and decode the video downlink properly. Which device are you using?

As Tevek has said, this is almost certainly an issue with your device lacking the grunt needed to run the app and decode the video downlink properly. Which device are you using?
I am using an iPad mini and a iPhone7+. I film in 4K, and I have not tried another cable. although, as you point out, it is likely the app becoming more complex. I will try another cable, and try to film in 1080p to see if that makes a difference. Interestingly, I don't experience this issue with my Inspire1......but that is using DJI Go, NOT DJI GO4.

iPad mini 2, 32GB, cellular. I rarely use the iPhone7+ because of the screen size. However, that will be my first test to see if there is any change. What display would be best to use to minimize or eliminate this issue?

I had the same trouble cheeses my cable to the DJI
3b3d5d09fb6471682d524fc6e547864b.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3