Poor range with Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently purchased a P2V and have a decent understanding of how to conduct prechecks and calibrations. I have also recently upgraded software and firmware through the DJI Phantom Assistant program.

My problem is I cannot get the P2V to travel more than 80 metres before it loses signal (green flashing lights on P2V turn yellow) and Iphone app tells me connection lost and the P2V goes into "return to home mode"

I have tested the unit without Iphone and camera on just to make sure there was no interference and I still only get 80m max.

I have also tried FCC and EC modes and makes no difference.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what the issue might be?

Thanks

Ben

Transmitter bad....receive bad OR....the best scenario...your flight zone is set to 80 meters for some reason. Default distance is 2000 feet - I think.

benski said:
Hi

I have recently purchased a P2V and have a decent understanding of how to conduct prechecks and calibrations. I have also recently upgraded software and firmware through the DJI Phantom Assistant program.

My problem is I cannot get the P2V to travel more than 80 metres before it loses signal (green flashing lights on P2V turn yellow) and Iphone app tells me connection lost and the P2V goes into "return to home mode"

I have tested the unit without Iphone and camera on just to make sure there was no interference and I still only get 80m max.

I have also tried FCC and EC modes and makes no difference.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what the issue might be?

Thanks

Ben

How can i check what current flightzone is and how can i change it to what it is meant to be?

I have switched between EC and FCC and still no difference.

I rang one of the distributors today just to get a check on what vertical and horizontal ranges his customers were getting and mine are way less.

I am starting to thing a faulty receiver or transmitter. I have tried in Nazam mode and still no change. Real pity because the unit is ok just not getting the advertised distance

Did open the controller up and connect the USB to the port on the inside of the Radio Controller and update it?

benski said:
How can i check what current flightzone is and how can i change it to what it is meant to be?

Red herring - the geofence zone is not available on the Vision; it's only got a subset of NAZA features and then only if you've activated NAZA mode as opposed to VISION mode in the assistant software.

It certainly sounds like you have a transmitter or receiver issue. If you haven't opened up the transmitter (and potentially damaged the antenna wire - been done by a few) or dropped or damaged it in some way it's probably time to call your dealer to ask for a replacement...

The distance has been the same straight out of box then after upgrade to P2V through the P2V app. When I connected to the RC through USB and the RC app it told me it was up to date..

I did take care when splitting RC halves and didn't see any tension on antenna wire

Will be sending all items back to dealer and hopefully will get a new one or get this one repaired...

Hi

Just wanted to give an update re poor distance with my P2V. It turned out to be a faulty remote control. I sent it back and got a replacement one and now range is closer to those advertised distances as opposed to the 300ft I was previously getting.

HI
I am having the same problem. did you just return the transmitter to get a replacement ? Also did you send it to DJI or the shop you brought it from?
Cheers Danger mouse

Hi

I bought my P2V from USA on eBay I am in Singapore. I sent the whole unit back including remote control. The dealer tested and confirmed that the remote control was faulty and changed it out.

Lesson I learnt was only send essentials back as I sent everything back and the dealer lost prop spanner and my spare props. They did supply me with carbon replacements but still wasn't real happy.....

There are some tests that I was advised to do first including test distance without iPhone attached just to make sure it wasn't blocking antenna. Make sure that rc had latest firmware , make sure area you are testing doesn't have lots of wireless signals and so on. I did first check that there was no damaged wires or lose connectors as well..

Even some of the guys on the other posts are going straight to aftermarket antenna to try and fix problem. If you aren't getting 500m with stock there is an issue with remote controller. I sent mine back and now get 500m in stock.

I now have fpvlr antennas that have just arrived so I expect that after fitting the aftermarket antennas I will be pushing 1500m.

Good luck with replacement

I've the same problem. Could be that I'm using recharge bAteeries? But the transmitter are in green and give just one sound when I start it.

All I can say is from personal experience. I tried everything and was still getting terrible distance maybe 200m max. I sent the P2V and Remote Control back to where I bought it. They tested it, sent same P2V back with new RC and first flight I was getting 500m on both FPV and controller.

There are plenty of things to test change batteries, charge extender, check internal pigtails make sure wires aren't loose etc etc. I did all this and when range was still terrible sent it back and that fixed it.

Reading this forum there are 10's of guys who are only getting 100m and they spend big bucks on an aftermarket antenna/s and are happy because they are now getting 500m I shake my head because all P2V users are meant to be getting that in stock standard condition, then you bu the aftermarket antennas to get 1500-3000m

This is the layman's explanation by a layman but there is also a bit on this in the FPVLR thread and what Tony the thread starter suggests is change out the pigtails as a first check to see if you can improve situation. My thoughts would be this makes sense but if unit is still under warranty get it changed

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl