POLL - Who's Got Cracking on their P3 and Who Has Not?

Who has / not had issues with cracking in their P3 aircraft

• Yes, I HAVE had cracks appear

• No, I have NOT had cracks appear

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yep, my p3s self harms, got one hairline crack between 2 motor screws, so it sits in a padded case not being flown and another crack appears on same arm

I have not had any cracks. But, I do not know if that is because I put braces on from day one.

It might have been better if the Poll had more options such as :

Cracked with plates fitted

No cracks with plates fitted

etc.

At present we have a no win poll as its fairly evened out ...

Nigel

I lost contact while taking off near a downtown hospital. My P3P got about 7 feet up when it rolled over, coming down hard onto the pavement. I couldn't shut down as it wasn't responding. The props kept spinning against the pavement for at least 30 seconds, maybe even 45 seconds until it responded and shut off. The only damage was to the plastic extender brackets on which I didn't have any mounted at the time, and of course the props. They were chewed off pretty well. But my P3P was fine and no cracks have appeared to this day. I replaced the props and have continued on.

I was about to click 'no cracks' and had a close look and found one on my P3S almost vertical just above a rear leg near the battery compartment. There's no visible opening' of the shell and as far as I know it hasn't had any effect on the flying but I'll now keep an eye on it.

Yip p34k got cracks on 2 arms at motor srews,not many flights either, p3s hundreds of flights no cracks

I lost contact while taking off near a downtown hospital. My P3P got about 7 feet up when it rolled over, coming down hard onto the pavement. I couldn't shut down as it wasn't responding. The props kept spinning against the pavement for at least 30 seconds, maybe even 45 seconds until it responded and shut off. The only damage was to the plastic extender brackets on which I didn't have any mounted at the time, and of course the props. They were chewed off pretty well. But my P3P was fine and no cracks have appeared to this day. I replaced the props and have continued on.
Make sure you do an IMU calibration before flying again. The craft staying level is a function of the IMU, and you incident implies something in the IMU went wrong, IMO. Your incident is very rare, flipping over and powering into the ground is strange behavior. I recommend you look at your flight record to see if there is a record about what went awry on that flight. Share those notes with this forum for opinions. I'd be afraid to fly that craft until you figure out what caused that crash.

Are you saying the CSC emergency shutdown didn't work? This is left stick down and in, while pressing the RTH button.

John ... The P3 Pro / Adv CSC is both sticks DOWN and IN ......

Page 46 manual.

Nigel

My P3A has a hairline crack on two arms. Never crashed and fairly mild flying compared to my other quads.

No cracking on my P3A and I do a lot of hard flying i.e., maneuvers and hard braking. I think that installing the quick disconnects for the prop protectors helped give the motors more support

Just noticed that my P3A has small cracks on 3 of the 4 arms where the motor mounting screws are located. Always babied and stored in DJI hard shell back pack case. :(

My P3P had stress cracks on both rear arms around motors, did a DIY repair and was ok for while but more cracks appeared..not good. So I did a complete shell replacement (nothing like a challenge) all good now.

John ... The P3 Pro / Adv CSC is both sticks DOWN and IN ......

Page 46 manual.

Nigel
You're correct. I'm flying with old 1.6 P3P firmware and what you state is hows mine works, but I thought DJI changed it, and later firmware changed to left stick down and in, plus the press of the RTH. Whatever it is for your version firmware, you need to know how to emergency stop the motors.

"Sigh...."

Reason I mentioned those extras - is that we are seeing posts where people mention the plates. Sorry if you don't like my comment.

I assumed your starting the Poll was to see which way it goes ? Well - I think the addition or not of plates affects the situation.
Maybe you should have said Poll is only for NON plate equipped P3's ?

Nigel

Reason I mentioned those extras - is that we are seeing posts where people mention the plates. Sorry if you don't like my comment.

I assumed your starting the Poll was to see which way it goes ? Well - I think the addition or not of plates affects the situation.
Maybe you should have said Poll is only for NON plate equipped P3's ?

Nigel

I think the addition of the all the differing "strengthening" plates themselves makes not a jot of difference to the integrity of the fasteners, which appears to be where 90% of the cracking occurs; it's the fact the bolts have been removed and retightened to a lower torque which has then removed the compression of the plastic and thereby, the stress, which has made the difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor