Polarpro gimbal lock

Reaction score
hey im newbie and want to ask .

i was reading on phantom 4 standard if use polarpro lens must using gimbal lock from polarpro too? its true?
and what about polarpro for p4p? are we need gimbal lock from polarpro too?

i was buy polarpro vivid collection for phantom 4 pro and not yet open it because i scare if gimbal lock from p4p will scratch the lens.

sorry for bad english and thankyou
94622caa316183b06cd645ec86208199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try them and see how they fit. If the gimbal lock doesn't fit properly, you could modify it like this:

Are the filters screw on or slip on? Slip on might require the PP cover. If screw on, just check that the PP filters have the same diameter as the original UV filter. if so, should fit right over.

They are screw-on filters.

PolarPro doesn't make a gimbal lock for the P4P yet.

I cut off the back lip as shown in the link above. It works great with the shutter collection NDs from Polar Pro. If the issue is not bulk around the filter (as with brands like shown in the video in post #2), but added depth to the camera with the filter installed, then I highly recommend the method of removing the rear lip. Everything stays in place perfectly and the glass remains protected. The back lip of the gimbal clamp doesn't really seem to do anything.

Edit: I used a hacksaw with a fine tooth blade. A Dremel would work well, too.

Last edited:
From what I've read later on Polar Pro will be making a custom gimbal clamp that will work on their thicker CPL/ND combo filters. Many mods by just using the Dremmel tool have worked great also.
The ND only filters will work with the stock DJI gimbal clamp but not the combo CPL/ND filters which are slightly thicker and won't work with the stock DJI clamp unless you modify it. I've also read some that have installed the CPL/ND combo filters have had to re calibrate the gimbal due to the slight increase in the weight of the filters.
Polar Pro says either set is well within the specifications of the gimbal motors and won't cause any problems.

Would be nice if Polar Pro would cut people a deal if you've already purchased the CPL/ND combo filters for the new gimbal guard coming out.
Great video from msinger and mod from at FLScout. Thanks for the great help and info!
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka