Polar Pro Drone Pen

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these?

DronePen - Lens Cleaning Pen / Brush

I've been looking for a cleaning tool like this, and I like Polar Pro products, so I was hoping to see if there are any reviews out there before I purchase. I'd like to have something to clean the lens if necessary rather than using the microfiber prop bag. I also like the brush feature. I flew at the beach recently and took-off/landed in the sand (probably not the brightest thing I've done), and noticed that some sand got up in the black part of the gimbal area. I don't think it's a big deal but I'd like to clean it out.

That looks like a Lens Pen to me. I have used them for years. Originally developed for rifle scopes, the pen consists of two sections. There is the brush for removing loose dust and particles and the cleaning end that is made of a suede-like material and, according to the maker, is treated with something that aids the cleaning process.

Lenspen MiniPro Compact Lens Cleaner NMP-1C B&H Photo Video

Looks like the same thing to me. I think the price at B&H is 7.95.

I have used Lens Pens on my 4x5 Schneider and Rodenstock lenses as well as my current Canon glass. Just make sure there are no abrasive particles involved or you will be sorry. That has never happened to me, BTW.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl