POI Freeze

Reaction score
Can anyone help with lock up in poi mode at 55 feet .All controls not responsive
said land immediately. controls have reached time out (several times).
Switch RC off and on no change, went into IPad settings and turned on phantom wi fy, and back in business just before complete dead battery.
Any ideas what happen? phantom 3 standard

Thanks
Ray Davis

This would be the better place to work with your question, for others, this is also his post.
Standard - FLY AWAY ISSUES???

"Good morning Rod :
I have several question hope you will help ?
I am flying with I Pad air and phantom 3 standard.
I've been at this about a month.
I flew straight up 110 feet (first time over 45 feet scared the hell out of me,) came down to 20 feet and went into 18 foot poi mode ,phantom circled and screen went blank no control . disconnected , land immediately, land immediately controls have timed out,repeated several times
New charge on battery so I had maybe 15 minutes to figure out what to do. switch RC off and on ,no change. went into setting initiated Phantom YFIY and back in business with last light on battery flashing. Now i'm afraid to fly ,what if It had been going straight up like 20 seconds earlier, I would not know anything but its gone by-by. I was under the impression if something like this happened it would RTH."

I would delete your email, and phone#, anybody in the world, can see that.
Also this forum works best by sharing information instead of one on one.

Land immediately? Where did this come from?
Were you using DJI-GO?
I'm not familiar with POI on DJI-GO.
RTH has many variables and options, you have a lot to learn about RTH, you need to test it and understand. Its like getting a GPS, never using it until your lost.
How long did you have remote turned off?

Quickest way to look at what happen is to upload your flight that is on your ipad to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Will will need to use iTunes on a pc, and a pc to uploaded it once you can view it, you copy and past that URL to this thread.

Rod

This would be the better place to work with your question, for others, this is also his post.
Standard - FLY AWAY ISSUES???

"Good morning Rod :
I have several question hope you will help ?
I am flying with I Pad air and phantom 3 standard.
I've been at this about a month.
I flew straight up 110 feet (first time over 45 feet scared the hell out of me,) came down to 20 feet and went into 18 foot poi mode ,phantom circled and screen went blank no control . disconnected , land immediately, land immediately controls have timed out,repeated several times
New charge on battery so I had maybe 15 minutes to figure out what to do. switch RC off and on ,no change. went into setting initiated Phantom YFIY and back in business with last light on battery flashing. Now i'm afraid to fly ,what if It had been going straight up like 20 seconds earlier, I would not know anything but its gone by-by. I was under the impression if something like this happened it would RTH."

I would delete your email, and phone#, anybody in the world, can see that.
Also this forum works best by sharing information instead of one on one.

Land immediately? Where did this come from?
Were you using DJI-GO?
I'm not familiar with POI on DJI-GO.
RTH has many variables and options, you have a lot to learn about RTH, you need to test it and understand. Its like getting a GPS, never using it until your lost.
How long did you have remote turned off?

Quickest way to look at what happen is to upload your flight that is on your ipad to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Will will need to use iTunes on a pc, and a pc to uploaded it once you can view it, you copy and past that URL to this thread.

Rod

Hey Rod: Thanks for your response . Yes DJI app. land immediately, controls have timed out repeatedly.
Off and on fast RC, point of interest(POI), and home lock are the only modes I have worked on so far. practiced RTH in every possible way including simulator. I feel sure dropping connection was due to falling off phantom app.
in trying to duplicate the conditions turned off RC ,screen went blank and phantom stopped then 5 second later resumed. Never RTH until I initiated it.
I guess my question is How could I loose connection with phantom wi fi . Where i was taking off is about 10 feet from a 6X14 metal cargo trailer ??, but this is there I usually take off.

Well, I wish somebody would help me out on this one.
"land immediately, controls have timed out repeatedly"
I guess do a remote control calibration?

"How could I loose connection with phantom wi fi"
Actually, my mind set at this point is not focused on you loosing WiFi.

We need your flight log, unless somebody else can think of something else to add.

Rod

If the Go app crashes then RTH from the screen won't work. Did you try toggling the left switch several times to manually initiate RTH? Was the LED on the controller still green or had it gone red?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94