Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

pugnacious said:
GLOCKer said:
Well, it finally happened. After a couple of months of flying my Taco and saying to myself, "I'll locktite those dampener protectors the next time I fly this thing," I lost one of the dampener protectors. Has anybody had this happen and been able to get replacements?

i contacted taco, and they kindly sent me a replacement - free of charge ;o)

No such luck here, but they did show me that I can order the replacements from their website. $11.99 shipped isn't to awfully bad I guess! (That's for four complete dampener protectors.)

Has anyone fitted taller wider legs to their P2V? When I installed my gimbal I wasn't happy with the fact it touched the ground on anything but a perfect flat surfaced so fitted taller wider legs.

Since doing this I just don't get as good a hover as before, the quad moves around much more. Done all the usual compass dance and advanced IMU calibration several times but the bird still moves off to the left slightly before coming back in a small circle. I'm in the UK so shouldn't have the declination issue, and didn't before fitting the legs, but what I'm wondering is how accurate does the alignment of the compass clamped to the leg have to be?

If I've managed to clamp it a few degrees rotated could that explain my problem?

does anyone know how to ajust the speed of the gimble to stop once i release the button on the app. it keeps moving when i release for a little bit.

I personally was disappointed with buying this gimbal, I messed with the Phantom assistant software and the bGC software and only after 6/8 battery charges (flights) got reasonably close to smooth video, probably 50 changes in settings (countless hours) Learned more about PID than I wanted. It is NOT plug-n-play and the only resources are from other users (Bonus and HUGE thanks to all the flyers who post their opinions to help). SHAME on these manufacturers for their no support/documentation policy. PERIOD. 3D printed material did not survive 25 ft fall, $320 , 6 battery charges to try to balance properly not even a minute of usable video total. Hopefully for you I am an exception to the product....

Over winter I'm going to see if I can replace all the 3D printed parts of this gimbal as after it melted and deformed in the boot of the car on a hot day its obvious the material is not really up to the job. We are lucky to have a 3d fab workshop nearby which I plan on visiting a few times to try printing replacement parts in better materials. I'm also going to see if any of them can be replaced the with carbon fibre tubes etc.

Footage wise I'm happy with its performance after following all the advice in this post but they really need to look at alternate materials for the construction.

Did you ask Taco could they just sell you the 3d parts. Send them an email. Ive heard reports that they are quite accomadating when it comes to replacing 3d parts. Worth a shot.

I have to agree with tgm7391. For me, this gimbal was a horrible purchase for myself. I also have spend countless hours changing setting and multiple battery charges but still have a wobble that I can get rid off. It is slight but enough to destroy the ability to utilize any video that looks even close to professional. Earplug trick did not work. New props did not work. I am about ready to go back to stock. I have tried a million different profiles I have found and none have done the trick.. I do not now enough about PID to figure it out myself. Not pleased!

Thanks Mal I'll give that a try I had z and -y might doo it... What about the angles in rc settings? Daniel didn't mention that in his video?

The angles in the rc settings? Dont quite follow you? I just stuck to daniels video apart from x and -y and it worked great.

That's cool I changed the settings in the rc tab and didn't write the original ones down would you mind looking and tell me what there set to???? Thanks... I changed to x still doing the Funkey chicken hoping this helps...thanks again..

Nsrwholesale wrote:
Changing the settings on the little white button on the gimbal no joke fixed most all the problems I previously had with the gimbal, Daniel's "white button" setting MOD fixed the having to turn the phantom on and off multiple times to fix the "rolling mind of its own" problem and the not horizontal problem! It is so easy to fix the horizontal problem with Daniel's changed settings to the white button and you can 6 point calibrate the gimbal so easy.

I was having some ic2 issue(s) and at the same time performed the above in-depth process but my gimbal is now starting the "mind of its own" thing, which wasn't happening before.
Is there any one or more most important steps you can point out?
Thinking maybe the 6 axis calibration i did likely didn't take, thinking back may have done that BEFORE learning how important it is to ensure level horizon with the 3 click short cut setup.

Certainly open to any thoughts you have on it, sounds like we're in a small boat on this one and you've experienced success first.

RR

djb6582 said:
About frustrated with my taco.... Any help would be greatly appreciated... I attached a vid with my settings .. Thanks....:(
http://youtu.be/kr70YoS2R74

Looks like your FC200 cable is pushing your gimbal? How does it place it self, when the gimbal is powered off?

Overall gimble is good. 3d plastic needed replacement after rough landing. Shell and arm broke. Ordered new one from taco no problems. Plastic way too brittle. Need better material

Gino1 said:
Overall gimble is good. 3d plastic needed replacement after rough landing. Shell and arm broke. Ordered new one from taco no problems. Plastic way too brittle. Need better material

I had good luck with this gimbal but a minor crash shattered much of the plastic. I'm in the process of rebuilding it but this time I'm going with the MotorPixie designed 3D parts through Shapeways . I received most of the 3D parts on Saturday, however I forget to order the camera enclosure :roll:. I must say these parts came out real nice, the nylon plastic is smooth, strong and flexible, plus the adjustability of the arm should help with balancing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart