Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Mine arrived today after order was put in early Tuesday morning, so postage was brilliant. Getting a little wobble at the moment, so I'll take it off and add the earplug mod later tonight. Overall it's way better than the original gimbal, and it took less than 30 minutes to install and test (Thanks mostly to posts here!!)

I have the latest V3 holder and it sure is darn heavy. I also get a shudder of the camera when it's on the ground, but once in the air it's stable as expected, except the little wobble

New problem now.... Besides the fact that I have to turn the phantom on and off multiple times until the gimbal stops having a seizure, rolling all around... now, once the gimbal and camera are "near" perfect horizontally, when I get the bird into the air and try to spin the phantom 360 degrees, the camera tilts up as the phantom spins and is all lopsided... any ideas?

Nsrwholesale said:
New problem now.... Besides the fact that I have to turn the phantom on and off multiple times until the gimbal stops having a seizure, rolling all around... now, once the gimbal and camera are "near" perfect horizontally, when I get the bird into the air and try to spin the phantom 360 degrees, the camera tilts up as the phantom spins and is all lopsided... any ideas?

Which version of camera holder do you have?

Help needed...

I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing and this could be the problem… did all the steps recommended at the start of this thread but as soon as I shutdown the P2V, go outside, start it again… the camera/gimbal hunts in all direction or the horizon is angled by about 30 degrees… the only way to get out of this is press the button on the board that is set to calib ACC and place the camera where I think it should be. Somehow I’m always thinking this kills the 6 point calibration I did in the house.

Is the 6 point calibration sensitive to magnatic interference? Is it a gyro problem? Gyro in the gimable or the P2V?

Eventually things stabilize and I can fly but I lose a good 5 minutes every start of flight.

Another thing I can’t figure out is during flight, If I accelerate fast, it will sometimes loose the horizon or not get back to the position I had set on the phone.

Any settings I should tweak?

Thanks,

D!

Help. I just received and installed my Taco. Done all the right things - I think but the Phantom Assistant does not recognise or see the gimbal. I still have the old 2 axis gimbal on the screen.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks Gino. I thought this was going to be easy.

You solved that problem - thanks.

Now I find that the app does not control the pitch of the gimbal although the app seems to working fine.

I have also found that I am unable to start the motors with the sticks!!

On the face of it the gimbal looks/looked good but.............

Mine was pretty much plug and play. I didn't touch controller software. All I did was enter new values in naza assistant from beginning of thread and everything works fine.

funkd101 said:
Help needed...

I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing and this could be the problem… did all the steps recommended at the start of this thread but as soon as I shutdown the P2V, go outside, start it again… the camera/gimbal hunts in all direction or the horizon is angled by about 30 degrees… the only way to get out of this is press the button on the board that is set to calib ACC and place the camera where I think it should be. Somehow I’m always thinking this kills the 6 point calibration I did in the house.

Is the 6 point calibration sensitive to magnatic interference? Is it a gyro problem? Gyro in the gimable or the P2V?

Eventually things stabilize and I can fly but I lose a good 5 minutes every start of flight.

Another thing I can’t figure out is during flight, If I accelerate fast, it will sometimes loose the horizon or not get back to the position I had set on the phone.

Thanks,

D!

SAME EXACT PROBLEM!! Anyone have solution???

mdw2323 said:
Finally got the Gimbal up and running.. still fighting a little bit with the jello, but trying a different pair of earplugs today.. . Here is a short video I put together. Impressed with the gimbal so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEctr6dhzKk&feature=youtu.be

I wish my phantom could spin in 360 degrees that quick while the gimbal stayed horizontal! My gimbal would be all over the place!! What did u do?

Nsrwholesale said:
funkd101 said:
Help needed...

Thanks,

D!

SAME EXACT PROBLEM!! Anyone have solution???

mdw2323 said:
Finally got the Gimbal up and running.. still fighting a little bit with the jello, but trying a different pair of earplugs today.. . Here is a short video I put together. Impressed with the gimbal so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEctr6dhzKk&feature=youtu.be

I wish my phantom could spin in 360 degrees that quick while the gimbal stayed horizontal! My gimbal would be all over the place!! What did u do?

Honestly, I just went back to the original settings... Pressed the white button, reset everything, and it came out like that. I am not totally happy with it yet though.

I had to replace the main board on my Taco, as the USB connector was snapped off. Mfg sent me another board. After the new install, I loaded the Taco V3 Profile I had used before. I did modify the settings in the Naza Gimbal as suggested to have the camera go from just horizontal to 90 deg down and adjusted the SBGC Advanced Settings to -5 and 145 for pitch angle. All works fine EXCEPT, now on power-up, the camera rotates completely downward,contacting the ground, and jitters, until I can get to the DJI App to raise the camera.

I saw the earlier post about putting a switch in the power circuit but would prefer not to make the mod.

With the new board, I did the ACC calibration but did not do the 6 point IMU calibration. Is the IMU calibration causing the problem or is there a software setting that I need to adjust?

Thanks

coastaltom said:
I had to replace the main board on my Taco, as the USB connector was snapped off. Mfg sent me another board. After the new install, I loaded the Taco V3 Profile I had used before. I did modify the settings in the Naza Gimbal as suggested to have the camera go from just horizontal to 90 deg down and adjusted the SBGC Advanced Settings to -5 and 145 for pitch angle. All works fine EXCEPT, now on power-up, the camera rotates completely downward,contacting the ground, and jitters, until I can get to the DJI App to raise the camera.

I saw the earlier post about putting a switch in the power circuit but would prefer not to make the mod.

With the new board, I did the ACC calibration but did not do the 6 point IMU calibration. Is the IMU calibration causing the problem or is there a software setting that I need to adjust?

Thanks
Change the Gimbal's Center Pitch adjustment, probably close to your MIN. Center is a misleading label, as it is really the setting for the power-up position. MAX is full down, MIN is full up.

That worked like a charm HawaiianDanMan! Thank you so much. These forums are great!

HawaiianManDan said:
coastaltom said:

Thanks
Change the Gimbal's Center Pitch adjustment, probably close to your MIN. Center is a misleading label, as it is really the setting for the power-up position. MAX is full down, MIN is full up.

Does anyone know who Taco use for standard shipping, want to figure out how I can use my tracking number. Its being sent to Ireland.

Cheers lads,

Mal.

They sent me a tracking number but I could not use it until the pkg reached the US Post Office system.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Does anyone know who Taco use for standard shipping, want to figure out how I can use my tracking number. Its being sent to Ireland.

Cheers lads,

Mal.

Once your order is despatched they will send you an email that will contain a confirmation #. You can then go to their website through a link in the mail, enter your confirmation # and email address. Once done you will be re-directed to Hong Kong Post and then onto the carrier in Ireland. That's the way it works for the UK anyhow.

Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka