Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

patter said:
Have just plugged in my Taco board so that I could take some pics of my settings for you. USB socket detached from board due to a dry joint, so no pictures. Contacted Taco and received this reply - Have any of you had this problem?

This has happened previously in this thread too. Someone actually received their gimbal with the USB socket detached. I would direct Taco to this thread if necessary.

I believe the person who this happened to posted on an earlier page -- somewhere from p.5-20 I think . I went through this entire thread last night for suggestions and ideas and saw it.

I should hope that they help you out rather than charging you $12. This is what their page says: "Taco-RC.com's customer service goal is simple: We are committed to providing our customers total satisfaction. Every time. Guaranteed."

That's it, I have had it. I'm done with this nonsense. I spent another hour this morning fiddling with it and it still has the same problem.

I'm sending it back and ordering a Rotorpixel. A $100 extra is definitely worth my time.

The joke is on me, however. I originally ordered the Taco thinking that Rotorpixel would take well over a month before they ship, and that the price of the Taco was better. Well, I went for the standard shipping which took 3 weeks to arrive, and now I'm sending it back anyways. Lesson learned: don't bother going cheap.

So my gimbal had been working like a champ until this morning. I fired up my phantom, and the gimbal rotated like 25 degrees to one side. It's like the gimbal now thinks that is level or something. It still holds the camera steady, just at that horrible angle. I went into the simpleBGC, and when the camera is level, the software says that the roll is at 24 degrees. Is there any way to zero it out, or reset it?

brutal11 said:
rfernandez said:
Install shooters ear plugs in the dampeners with the protectors
ok...i try to solve this problem with ear plug...

Can anyone take pictures of what the dampers look like after ear plugs are in? Did you cut a home in them for the screw to pass through? just trying to remove some vibrations... any thoughts?

Hello,

sorry if this question has already been answered but I am about to order a Taco Supreme and I am getting confused on their website :
- does the "ready to fly" gimbal come with the eggshell (the title says yes, the picture says no...)
- does it come with the damper protectors ? (the detailed description does not mention them but the installation process does...)

Thank a lot for your answer, I have been reading this post since the beginning and feel confident that everything will be fine thanks to all the information you provided.
I just chek the Rotorpixel thread : they shipped order #670 or so, and still have at least 500 orders to ship, that's really too long...

Bertrand

1. The gimbals that Taco are shipping now, include the egg shell.
2. Everything you need to properly operate the gimbal come included, so yes the damper protectors come included!

ALSO, for everyone with the Taco Gimbal that still has vibration issues and some jello, THE EAR PLUGS MOD HELPS GET RID OF JELLO AND VIBRATIONS! I JUST TESTED IT!.... i don't think there is an explanation on how to add the ear plugs into the dampers, So i am going to make a thread with pictures so everyone can enjoy whoever's AWESOME, effective, but yet SO SIMPLE idea it was to use ear plugs to stop vibrations that effect the video!

Anyone else experiencing loss of video signal around 800 feet away? Almost seems to correspond with the orientation of the unit. In other words if I rotate the phantom when I loose the signal it comes back. Any Ideas. Think it could be cause by the new gimbal installation?

I'm still not sure if the gimbal was a good purchase. Still trying to get the vibration to go away.

I see this is likely a issue with the app. Just checked and it updated a few weeks ago when the pv2 was down for gimbal installation. Lot of complaints about this issue. I suppose it will be sitting again until they fix the app.

I received my gimbal. Very fast delivery to toronto. Had it in about two weeks air mail. I installed it very easily. I updated gimble settings although the dji software shows a vision gimble so I just entered pitch numbers. No roll. Is this correct? I increased only one vertical gain to 190 as described.is that the only gain that I should change? I didn't balance camera because it was fairly level. It did tip slightly but I don't know how I would balance it level. I turned on vision waited a few seconds and the gimble levelled out. I didn't do anything to the controller with simple software. Everything seems to work good. I have ear plugs I was going to install but I want to see how it flys and records first. I tightened screws on damper protectors only enough so the nut was level with screw (fairly loose). I am happy so far and glad I didn't have to mess with controller software. We'll see how it flys tomorrow.

I actually double checked delivery time. It was 9 calendar days. Really good considering everytime I order from china it takes over a month. I guess most things I buy get sent by ship.

Broken coil motor.
LD-POWER GBM2208 2208-80 Gimbal Motor
Bought from the online store, I expect.

Gino1 said:
I received my gimbal. Very fast delivery to toronto. Had it in about two weeks air mail. I installed it very easily. I updated gimble settings although the dji software shows a vision gimble so I just entered pitch numbers. No roll. Is this correct? I increased only one vertical gain to 190 as described.is that the only gain that I should change? I didn't balance camera because it was fairly level. It did tip slightly but I don't know how I would balance it level. I turned on vision waited a few seconds and the gimble levelled out. I didn't do anything to the controller with simple software. Everything seems to work good. I have ear plugs I was going to install but I want to see how it flys and records first. I tightened screws on damper protectors only enough so the nut was level with screw (fairly loose). I am happy so far and glad I didn't have to mess with controller software. We'll see how it flys tomorrow.

Gino1, I had to click the Phantom (or does it say Naza) button on the top left corner of the DJI software to get the options to change to be able to change the gimbal settings. I don't know much about the software so I can't explain it any further.

I changed the "phantom to naza m" in the top right of software to get to all the gimble setting. I also have IOC which I never knew you could do with the vision :). This way I could switch to home lock in a jam. I am curious why this gimble has a buzzing sound? Is this damaging motors?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT